70413 - Brick Bounty

mike1985

54 minutes ago, waddamon said:

Guess I wouldn't know.  Wait your selling venue might be brick classifieds or another venue.  The comment above is a rate of return comment, I may or may not have the expenses you have. Oh yes, my first sentence was a joke as I do the investment management thing as a profession.

No worries.  So do I.  Buy side.

Amazon Third Party has a Brand New Sealed Box for $114.99 Shipped.  That is very close to MSRP plus tax for anyone who needs one:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00NHQHEJE/ref=sr_1_1_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1453747417&sr=8-1&keywords=lego+brick+bounty&condition=new

shipping went from 0.12 to 8.49 so not much of a deal any longer.

Edited by legogregors

picked one up today at local K-Mart for around $48.  I never go to kmart for lego and it's the first time I think I've ever checked there and they had one brick bounty left even though it not showing in store online.  It was a flawless box with nice seal codes.  

Saw an ad that said sing up for sears/kmart credit card and it'll credit 50% of your first buy up to $50 on the initial statement.  Also used $5 off coupon.  So didn't pay anything yet and way I understand the ad is that my first statement will show the reduced bill at around $48ish.  

anyway, love this ship, think it's a big winner.  I was mad at myself for missing it and it's already selling for as much as $140 and averaging around $130 almost on eBay.  Short life, nostalgic theme to me and it seems just about all ships ever do well.  

Edited by DenJ91
typo
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, legogregors said:

The inventory or available at stores does not work as well on my phone vs. computer.  Also, the two I left on the shelf were not showing up as available on phone or computer.   

Yeah, not worth an hours trip to find out though.  Come on amazon, get some in stock!

8 hours ago, legogregors said:

If you hadn't seen the sign, would you have bought it for MSRP + tax(less $5 off coupon)?  I left a couple on the shelf at MSRP over the weekend but I already have three that were ~$80 each.  My modest goal is that 1st and 2nd will end up paying for 3rd.   

Hmm, good question.  probably not.  I think at msrp I would have left it alone.  I really like it and think it'll be a winner but with fees and shipping these days, the hold is too long at retail for me anyway.  I think it will still be a winner for those who buy in at retail but I just don't have the cash to wait too long.  $50 was a no brainer and I was thrilled with that deal so.  

Over the last two weeks, I was able to clear my local Kmart of their 4 Brick Bountys with points, 10$ off 10 Coupons, $5 off 50 coupons, etc to get them about $90 each (retail was 99.99).  They are long term holds but other people were able to get them for about $80 when they were on sale.  If you can still find Tumblers for retail price, of course, buy tumblers.  You can't go wrong with Lego Pirate Ships for long term holds.

4 hours ago, buidee said:

Over the last two weeks, I was able to clear my local Kmart of their 4 Brick Bountys with points, 10$ off 10 Coupons, $5 off 50 coupons, etc to get them about $90 each (retail was 99.99).  They are long term holds but other people were able to get them for about $80 when they were on sale.  If you can still find Tumblers for retail price, of course, buy tumblers.  You can't go wrong with Lego Pirate Ships for long term holds.

Nice. I got 2 in a similar fashion. $90 each otd. Not the best price but I haven't been collecting long so I'm playing catch up.