71012 - Minifigures - Disney: Series 1

exciter1

8 minutes ago, BarryZola said:

I already have a few boxes of these, but I've just bought another 2 full sets for £55 each in (snipped packets). I think I've done alright there, what do you reckon? And generally, how high do you think the Disney figs could go when the US supply runs out as well?

I sold one recently for £85 shipped, they are now selling for £70-75 shipped, the reason the price fell was some european sellers flooded the market by literally selling 100 sealed boxes just over RRP a month back.

They will easily be £90 in December, I doubt they will go any higher than 3xRRP (£135) but that will probably be end of next year, however disney series 2 may hamper that..

• Like 1

I ordered 18 packs from the online Lego shop.  My boys and I wanted the Buzz minifig but no luck.  Hmm, I'm thinking of ordering more but it sounds as if our chances would be better if we found the Disney minifig bags in a store and tried to figure out which ones had a Buzz by feeling the packets.  

• Like 1

I ordered 18 packs from the online Lego shop.  My boys and I wanted the Buzz minifig but no luck.  Hmm, I'm thinking of ordering more but it sounds as if our chances would be better if we found the Disney minifig bags in a store and tried to figure out which ones had a Buzz by feeling the packets.  

I think you'd be better off buying buzz off eBay...

I feel like an idiot. I ordered a couple of leftovers from a store. They probably shipped what they had left in their b&m stores, because I received a bunch of smooshed to hell bags. Only genies, stitches, mr incredibles and syndromes :getlost: Luckily they were 15% off, but still...

1 hour ago, 80s_Kid said:

The collectible minifigure bags are designed to take as much money from you as possible. I've mentioned this before in the DFB thread. IIRC, it takes about 55 tries on average to get a complete set if you pick bags completeley at random. This is for a normal series with 16 different figures. Because there's 18 figures in this one it would take a lot more tries.

The only exception is if you can get a lot of figures from the same box (or better yet a complete box). There's always a guaranteed number of complete sets in one box, so if you buy enough figures from one box, there's a very good chance that you will have a complete set.

Better to get Buzz of bricklink if you don't want to lose too much money.

Edited by c_rpg

2 hours ago, 80s_Kid said:

Depending on availability in your area... in the past week I've seen nearly new boxes of these put out at different Walmarts, Targets, etc... Just depends on luck in your area. If you do find a "fresh" box, Buzz is very easy to identify.  But as others have said, considering time spent, gas money driving around, frustration, it's probably more cost efficient to simply buy what you want off ebay.

Thanks for the advice and helpful insights from everyone!  The Disney minifigs are pretty cool so I may end up getting some more.  I had not been thinking of these as an investment though given that it's a combination of Disney and Lego, these minifigs may end up holding and appreciating in value.  I'm curious to see what we get in wave 2?

Edited by 80s_Kid

So I picked up some of these with some points I had to spend and got 1 pink female Daisy duck, 1 blue male Donald and the Captain  hook. Did I do well or are these duds?

I´m guessing the ducks are turds as they are in the Castle set.

Edited by Val-E

45 minutes ago, Val-E said:

So I picked up some of these with some points I had to spend and got 1 pink female Daisy duck, 1 blue male Donald and the Captain  hook. Did I do well or are these duds?

I´m guessing the ducks are turds as they are in the Castle set.

I think the Donald is an exact copy of the one in each. Daisy has a different torso print and color in the castle set. Captain Hook is actually my fav from the series so I am biased.I had heard that Buzz Lightyear was the most rare one from the set but not sure.

• Like 1