71012 - Minifigures - Disney: Series 1

exciter1

Due to lack of available full sets to sell? Or because it will be more lucrative to sell them as individual packs?

I think exciter is referring to the changes in selling Lego on Amazon (they are moving toward existing sets and make your own sets - as this one would be - will no longer be allowed)

• Like 1

Based on no availability instore/online for all B&M shops + Lego stores in UK these are 99% done.

Prices on ebay are currently 2xRRP, if you have any minifigs i would hold until prices reach 3xRRP, as all of the qfll who were selling for RRP are now gone from ebay

if you see any in the shops in uk buy them, all of them!

• Like 1

It seams to be really a gamble at this point. Another production run yes/no. What really strikes me is that almost every shop in the Netherlands is sold out (online at least) and don't appear to get stock anytime soon.

I'm in for the gamble and I've just ordered the last sealed box available online from a Dutch toy shop. I've monitored this site this whole week. Earlier this week (till this morning) they had 3 in stock. When I watched just 10 minutes ago there was only 1 left..

I've 5 sealed boxes now and have my share. Paid € 179,- for 3 of them and € 199,- for 2 (which includes the sealed box I've just ordered).

Still I think it's very strange that Lego would have such short production run for this successful series. Fingers crossed... :s

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, pete411 said:

Still says temporarily OOS at US shop at home. So, why are we sensationalizing the possibility that Lego will not produce another HUGE run of these? Because some chap at Smyth's said so? I think these will be everywhere come November.

Not only 'some chap at Smyth's'. Recent pages from this topic shows also some chaps from SAH Europe, different toy shops (especially from Europe) etc. Still, no guarantees for sure. But in my honest opinion it's like a 50/50 gamble at this point. Positive about this gambles is that if the outcome is positive, there's more profit to be made than with the obvious ones out there.

Also, with a buy in at €180,- you can always get your money back when you sell complete set's (3 at a box). So a fun gamble with less risk if you ask me.

• Like 1

In my observation from September 2015 till September 2016 of the differences between the European LEGO Shop at Home and the US LEGO Shop at Home the status of sets, especially after set retirement, gets updated much faster in Europe than in the US. While the European LEGO Shop at Home status regularly already gives an official "Retired" line, the US LEGO Shop at Home would often still retain the OOS status. It might then briefly change to "Call to Check" when returns are temporarily available again for sale, before going quickly back to OOS. Until a few months later finally the US LEGO Shop at Home officially stamps the set as Retired as well.

So just because the Disney Minifigs are showing OOS status in the US doesn't mean they're coming back again. IF TLG was going to do another run of this series, they would most likely have released it together with the Disney Castle set, as was speculated plenty of times before on this forum. 

Like @Mhd747 I am 99% certain that the 71012 Disney Minifigs are done.

Now I can sit back and wait till a complete set of all 18 minifigs reaches 2xRRP (18 x €3 = €54 x 2 = €108)... :) 

Edited by Haay
  • Like 2

I called the Lego online store from NZ today to get an update on the disney minifigures.  A customer service agent said "they will NOT be coming back to OZ or NZ but they will have a Limited run for North American region Only"  This affirms what our local Toy stores have been saying that they aren't getting any more in OZ and NZ which is good for those who bought them.  Still a few individual packs on the shelves at some stores, better grab them.

• Like 2