71012 - Minifigures - Disney: Series 1

exciter1

It may not be as crazy quantities as above, but I am definitely seeing at least a full case or two almost everywhere I go that sells Lego. Did they under stock the first run so much that they overcompensated the second run or did they think the demand was just so high that they still overcompensated for the restock? I'm hoping there will be more Disney monument sets in the future so that maybe the value will stay relevant for the minifigs. If not then do you think a new Disney collectible minifigure series would be in jeopardy? Maybe not but there just seems to be way too much inventory available.

• Like 1

Supply is sporadic ... choke in one place, starving in another ... when all is said and done, demand will outweigh supply ... I hope.  Those of you with ample supple, getting these in sets or getting the rare ones at a discount is a must and worth the gamble, IMO.

24 minutes ago, JDLego324 said:

So what do Brickpickers think are the winners and losers from this series?

I have not read through all 53 pages, but what I'm sensing is the winners are the ladies and the losers are Mr. Incredible and the Toy Story Alien.

Thoughts?

My winners are Maleficent, Ariel, and Buzz Lightyear. My losers are Alien, Stitch and Mickey (Mickey is just a touch boring at 3 total pieces).

55 minutes ago, JDLego324 said:

I have not read through all 53 pages, but what I'm sensing is the winners are the ladies and the losers are Mr. Incredible and the Toy Story Alien.

Thoughts?

Mr Incredible, Syndrome and stitch. Doesn't help that I have a ton of those.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, JDLego324 said:

Thoughts?

The losers are likely the 6 extra bags that filled up the full box of 60 bags to make it 3 complete sets + 6 spare bags. Those 6 extras are (in Europe at least):

• Pizza Planet Alien
  • Mr. Incredible
  • Stitch
  • Mickey Mouse
  • Genie
  • Syndrome

Winners are, as far as I know:

• Buzz Lightyear
  • Maleficent
  • Alice & Cheshire Cat
  • Peter Pan & Captain Hook
  • Ariel & Ursula 
  • Donald Duck & Daisy Duck
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
The losers are likely the 6 extra bags that filled up the full box of 60 bags to make it 3 complete sets + 6 spare bags. Those 6 extras are (in Europe at least):
  • Pizza Planet Alien
  • Mr. Incredible
  • Stitch
  • Mickey Mouse
  • Genie
  • Syndrome
Winners are, as far as I know:
  • Buzz Lightyear
  • Maleficent
  • Alice & Cheshire Cat
  • Peter Pan & Captain Hook
  • Ariel & Ursula 
  • Donald Duck & Daisy Duck

Having bought a well felt over 25 packs, and separately at nearly virgin case:

Definite Winners:
Buzz, Maleficent

Probable winners
Micky, Minnie, the ducks, Ursula and Ariel, hook and Peter Pan.

Definite losers:
Toy story alien, Stitch, Mr Incredibad, Syndrome, Alladin and the genie.

58 minutes ago, Bluebird55 said:

Found a deal on these individually near me, what is the value in them now and later? Sealed in their random packs, or opened and advertised for what they are?

How much can you buy? If you have enough I'd open them up and try to make a few complete sets and sell off the rest individually. These have proven to be very popular. If we ever get a second wave, they will do great. Either way I think it's very difficult to lose money with these.

• 1 month later...
31 minutes ago, hockeypunk05 said:

Found 48 full cases at Target today... So tempting but sounds like I'd better stay away. (Pic won't upload from my phone)

its an anomaly ... that store probably just got to the pallet ... its retired and scarce in the wild ... that's easy money staring you right in the face ... if you have your quota you can walk, if not, think twice ...

• Like 2