LARGE LEGO DISPLAY DEAL: SERIOUS RESELLERS ONLY!!!

Ed Mack

A long time acquaintance of mine, a Mr. Ralph Pitcher from Firebuy.com, has come to me with a tremendous offer.  Ralph owns an equipment liquidating company which was hired by Target to remove store displays from over 1500 Target stores from across the US.  These displays included many of the LEGO and toy displays you see in the toy isles of your local Target.  He sold thousands of these displays over the past 4-5 years, many to me.  LOL.  He is a first class operator and is looking to sell his remaining inventory in one or two large transactions.  Here is a basic list of what he is selling:

Lego Cars 2 - 144
Lego Gold Mine - 58
Lego Friends - 135
Lego Alien Conquest - 105
Lego Monster Fighter - 55
Lego Star Wars Pod Racer - 75
Lego Fire Truck - 109
Lego Heroica - 20
Lego Star Wars Star Fighter - 77
Lego World Racers - 61
Lego Police Boat - 11
Lego Legends of Chima - 4
Lego Green Ninjago - 44
Lego Red Ninjago - 4
Lego Red Ninjago NIB - 2
Kre-o Minifig Set - 43
Mega Bloks Halo NIB - 75
Kre-o Set of 2 NIB - 4
Kre-o Transformers NIB - 4
Kre-o Transformers - 8
Cars 2 Race Track NIB - 1
Disney Princess 5 Dolls NIB - 1
Littlest Petshop NIB - 7

Combined, there are over 1000 LEGO displays available for sale.  He is looking for $18,000.00(US) for the entire lot, which works out to less than $20 per display.  To those of you who are familiar with these LEGO displays, they can easily sell for $80-$100 each, with many selling for several hundred dollars each.  They are really some of my favorite LEGO collectibles and if you have the cash and the space to store these, you can make thousands of dollars from this opportunity.

They do take up space though, three tractor trailers full, so anyone interested in buying a portion of the lot or the entire lot must have ample space.  Ralph told me it would cost about $1500 to ship one container to California, so keep that in mind.  He is looking to unload these quickly (before July 1,2015), so it's possible Ralph could work a deal with any potential buyer(s).  His warehouse is located in Ohio.

If Jeff and I had the space, we would pull the trigger on this deal, but unfortunately we do not.  We are not making anything off this deal.  Ralph has treated me well over the years and has sold me quality products, so I know he will be a pleasure to deal with.  If you are interested and are a serious player, contact Jeff or I and we will put you in contact with Ralph.  Good luck.  Here are some photos of the displays...

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG3.JPG

20150616_123445.jpg

20150616_123515.jpg

20150616_123604.jpg

20150616_123620.jpg

$_57.JPG6.JPG

$_571.JPG

Edited by Ed Mack
  • Like 8

Whoa, uber-impressive. My eyes are watering. Beautiful items, somebody go pick these up! It`s great that these are being offered like this for sale, otherwise you`re looking at a landfill, which is of course a complete waste. Excellent deal as well, you`re talking fire-sale prices. Anyway, back to ogling these photos :derisive:

I think ideally these would go to someone who has a brick and mortar store or sells at flea markets, etc.  Shipping (to end buyers) is going to be expensive for some of them, based purely on volume and oversized rates.  Does anyone with experience in selling these know how well they hold up in shipment (not the trailer ride to whomever buys the lot, but the final leg via USPS, etc.)?

I don't know that they hold up well. Someone was nice enough to give me one of the pictured Star Wars displays.  I thought I packed it pretty well but It arrived broken. I had it insured but it still isn't settled with UPS 6 months later.  The box was clearly dropped on its top corner, probably out of the back of the truck as the metal part of the display was dented, but UPS says I should've packed it better 

Edited by Mos_Eisley

I don't know that they hold up well. Someone was nice enough to give me one of the pictured Star Wars displays.  I thought I packed it pretty well but It arrived broken. I had it insured but it still isn't settled with UPS 6 months later.  The box was clearly dropped on its top corner, probably out of the back of the truck as the metal part of the display was dented, but UPS says I should've packed it better 

This is my concern.  If a boxed lego set is dropped in shipment, the damage is almost always to the lego box only, and will not affect the assembly of the set.  But if a store display gets dropped, the damage is to the item itself, not just the packaging.  I think that if I had the storage space, I'd still be really tempted, but shipping does sound tricky.  Double walled boxes lined with bubble wrap would probably do it.  Lego ships minifigure cases in double walled boxes (no bubble wrap) and despite being really fragile, they're almost never damaged in shipment, even when the outer carton has clearly been dropped a couple times.

Indeed, a nice lot for a bargain hunter. If someone has the time and space, there's money to be made here. Unfortunately, I am not in a position to do so. Good luck to someone who does.

never met a bargain hunter with an extra 18k and warehouse

Edited by Brickshopper

Hi, nice to meet you.

so you would be the bragging exception but I think it is safe to say your average bargain hunter would not be able to buy this...Serious Reseller like in the title more like it.Although most resellers are bargain hunters. Very cool and a good deal because of the price and space needed I think it will be out of 99% of resellers league but more power to you should you decide to buy.

Edited by Brickshopper

Ralph has shipped about 15-20 of these displays to me without issues. On occasion a piece would come off and would have to be reattached. A quality box, some bubble wrap and tape is all you need. I have 50 or more of these displays and it is quite possible to ship safely with the correct box.

• Like 1

Hello all!   I am the owner (Ralph Pitcher) of the displays listed.   I would like to thank Ed for putting this listing together for me!  He has been a great customer over the years!  As for shipping we have shipped alot of these.  To be honest we rarely have a issue.  When there is a issue its usually a piece that comes apart inside.  All of these are hand assembled so they end up not all being glued the same.   

As far as space currently we have about 95 skids which we could combine to around 75.  Thats roughly 3x 53 ft trailers  Figure each trailer is roughly 530sqft so that means you would need about 1600sqft if I am doing the math right?  Shipping from Ohio out west full truck is $1500 or less.  Maybe a little less maybe a little more.  Anything I can help you with just ask.

Thanks

Ralph

• Like 4

too bad it would be an international purchase.  The displays are an easy product to move (at least in small quantities at a time) at any of the local si-fi cons, toy shows and maker fairs which eliminate shipping needs.  Inexpensive storage isn't really all that difficult to find now adays if you know where to look, many shopping malls have high vacancy (not to mention closed out targets), shipping containers are about $1800 (rent to own) & government surplus enclosed/cargo trailers are dirt cheap <2K & can be parked in outside storage yards that are popping up everywhere for an average $50/month. (as they empty you can then resell)  Hate to say it, but also there's sooo many family farms getting forced out of the business barn storage is easier to find than falling off a log.  if you run all the numbers it could work if you have the time & drive.