Need help with a Star Wars minifig display

Jules_K

Hi all,

I'm in the process of putting together a Lego Star Wars (original trilogy) minifigure display in an Ikea Ribba frame. The layout I'm thinking is the same as the attached image, which houses 16 minifigs. Alternatively, I could go 3 x rows of 6 for 18 minifigures. Now what I can't figure out is exactly what minifigures to display! I've made the following shortlist:

Luke Skywalker
Obiwan Kenobi
Princess Leia
Han Solo
Chewbacca
R2-D2
C3PO
Lando Calrissian
Ewok
Boba Fett
Darth Vader
Stormtrooper
Scout Trooper
Emperor Palpatine
Yoda
Tie Fighter Pilot
Royal Guard
X-Wing Pilot
Admiral Ackbar

The only issue is that's 19 minifigures! So If you could only choose 16 (or max 18) which would you leave out? Thanks in advance for your help

lego-display.jpg

Edited by jkaesler

These are MUSTS if you ask me: (14... maybe 13 if you don't count Lando as must... but I think he is very important)

Luke Skywalker
Obiwan Kenobi
Princess Leia
Han Solo
Chewbacca
R2-D2
C3PO
Lando Calrissian
Ewok
Yoda
Boba Fett
Darth Vader
Stormtrooper
Emperor Palpatine

I would also add:

Admiral Ackbar (it's a trap! :-) I mean common... he's the admiral!)

Now it's getting tricky!
I would also like to add a Rebel Trooper to the mix!

Leaves you with 16 Minifigures (if you have a Rebel Trooper...)

If you want to go up to 18 Minifigures:
Tie Fighter Pilot + X-Wing Pilot

Leaves you with:
Scout Trooper
Royal Guard

BUT! Why not just do two displays? Empire vs Rebels?
This would allow you to add additional minifigures: Snowtrooper, Hoth Rebels, Officers from the Empire as well as from the Rebel alliance...

I would LOVE two displays but unfortunately twice as many displays means spending twice as much money buying the minifigs!

I'm already being tight by buying the Boba keychain and removing him from the chain! :codemafia:

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

I would LOVE two displays but unfortunately twice as many displays means spending twice as much money buying the minifigs!

I'm already being tight by buying the Boba keychain and removing him from the chain! :codemafia:

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

​Okay I was assuming you already had quite a collection, my fault ;-)

But honestly: Do you need everything right NOW? Probably not... I think you can plan this out for a longer time. So starting now with Rebels/Empire and later continuing with the other box for example.

Also you could start out with both boxes at once but adding minifigs later on... light starting with the middle line, later the top line, later the buttom line (if you are planing to do these boxes as you did in the picture you shared).

I'd start for example with Yoda, Obi-Wan, Luke, Leia, Han, Chewie, R2D2, C3PO and for the other side Boba Fett,Darth Vader, Palpatine, Red Royal Guard (standing beside Palpatine... so actually the minifigs would stand in line just as I wrote them down ;-) )

Later you expand and put up commanders, death star troopers (I mean the guys who are in the set with the guards... forgot the name xD) etc...

May the Force be with you!

• Like 1

Hey, micbelt!  Good to see you here (although I think this is my first post/reply here).  I don't collect minifigs specifically, but I have a few I like a lot, so I'm interested to try the large ribba frame thing.  Looks cool!

Edited by BetaBurn
Confused mistake, thought commentor was original poster

Do you mind if I ask how you made the shelves the minifigs are standing on?  Looks cool! (And I looked at the original Ribba Frame and it doesn't have the little shelves poking out)

I just cut to size some white cardboard, and then superglued the white inverted slopes to the cardboard. Many sites suggest backing the bricks with a baseplate but I thought superglue would be sufficient, and it's holding strong 6 months later.

FYI the picture I posted is not mine however the one I constructed is identical.

You're right though I think these displays look great and are very cheap to construct,  people who don't even like Lego are always commenting how great they are when they come over. 

Hey, micbelt!  Good to see you here (although I think this is my first post/reply here).  I don't collect minifigs specifically, but I have a few I like a lot, so I'm interested to try the large ribba frame thing.  Looks cool!

​I have 2 large ribba frames that I bought to do this and got frustrated and bought the cases from mIchaels.

• 3 months later...