LEGO's Rules with Unaccompanied Minors.

Migration

Not sure which side of the fence you're sitting on...did you read the article? Sounds like BS to me. Kid was a paying, shopping customer. At a friggin toy store for kids! If it were a liquor shop it may be a different story but in this case I'm with the parent in the article; If TLG wants to foster forward thinking, independent, constructive child development, they should change their policy to a younger age threshold. In the age of the internet where knowledge is a keystroke away, kids seem socially sharper than they used to be when I was that age... Speaking from experience as I work in retail and serve young folks like this often enough.

Ultimately though, it sounds like the employee/security personnel were just having a 'need to power trip' kind of bad day.

The kid in the article didn't seem like a problem. It's when parents drop a bunch of younger kids in electronics or toys (I worked at Target for far too long) and then disappear for a couple hours expecting the store team to referee that I have a problem with.

​Well that is a serious problem and very different from the situation in that article. It's funny.. we live in this area of being hyper sensitive about letting kids do things on their own. We've discussed at length that we wouldn't do this to our kids if they were mature enough. What's next - a you must be this tall or this old to shop here sign?

If there really was an age problem, they should have just rejected the young man from entering the outlet to begin with instead of this where an hour passes before someone notices who out of everyone has a problem and decides to then force the boy to sit in the corner until his father comes by. I can imagine how it felt for the kid when being told by security to go over here and wait. Like the kid and father, I know I would never shop there again.

• Like 1