TRUTH Tactics for 4/2/15

dday0606

Been a couple weeks since the last real sale at TRU.  Anything people are targeting tomorrow with the 20% sale + 10% CC + 8% reward point + GC combo?

My local TRU's have jacked up the price of both Star Wars and DC sets 10% so I find it difficult to get excited about sets from those lines.  They didn't raise the Friends sets though and the little animal sets (41087 Bunnies, 41088 Puppies, 41089 Foal) caught my eye. However, having boys at home I have no exposure what-so-ever to the Friends line.

So I forget - if I do a PM will they give me the 10% CC as well?

Specially, Gorilla Grood is $44 after the 20%. Amazon has it for $39.99. If the 10% get applied it will be $36.

Just wondering if I should hit TRU or just order from Amazon.

Nope. I found this out the hard way after two of their employees told me that it probably would stack. After they rang me up, I looked on the receipt and the 10% discount wasn't applied. I had to sit there for 15 minutes while they adjusted it, but they told me that they were just doing this for me this one time.

Since TRU's seem to have bumped most of their star wars stuff, it counters part of the savings so I'm having a hard time figuring out if it's worth getting anything this time around.   Cantina seems like the best deal.  Already have enough JDCC's.  They bumped the ISD's from $130 to $140 before discount so not happy about that buy-in. 

Since TRU's seem to have bumped most of their star wars stuff, it counters part of the savings so I'm having a hard time figuring out if it's worth getting anything this time around.   Cantina seems like the best deal.  Already have enough JDCC's.  They bumped the ISD's from $130 to $140 before discount so not happy about that buy-in. 

Star Destroyer on TRUTH = $140 - 20% - 10% - 10% Gift Card = $90.72 before tax  (that's 33% off doing easy math) :heat:

^ Also to answer, they either price match or give the discount.  not both.  also found that out this week.  

How about if they do manual adjustment? Can i get the 10%?

what i did was found a old label on the shelf and bring it to the register. the receipt show instant saving. is it the same for PM?

1) Ask for 10% TRU CC discount.  

2) Swipe TRU CC (first)  

3) select "partial pay" on terminal.

4) put in your desired partial payment amount (from total to as low as $0.01)  

5) terminal will return to payment screen with remaining amount.  Pay with GC or other CC.

Edited by diablo2112

1) Ask for 10% TRU CC discount.  

2) Swipe TRU CC (first)  

3) select "partial pay" on terminal.

4) put in your desired partial payment amount (from total to as low as $0.01)  

5) terminal will return to payment screen with remaining amount.  Pay with GC or other CC.

Got it but what about 8% Rewards do you lose it on everything but the .01 put on the card?

Star Destroyer on TRUTH = $140 - 20% - 10% - 10% Gift Card = $90.72 before tax  (that's 33% off doing easy math) :heat:

That's if I had a 10% GC which I don't.  Best I saw today was 8% and those we snagged up quickly.  So no GC for me sadly.  Then yes, maybe I could see getting a Star Destroyer at that price. 

How often does TRU have 20% on SW? 

Seems to be a monthly occurrence, but many times there are really only one or two true deals to take advantage of.  I know they had one in mid march, because I bought a Sail Barge that was on sale for 94.00, and I used a discount coupon.  They also had one in early February where they had a BOGO 40% off - that time I bought a couple of MTTs where it rounded out to about 71.00 for two with tax.  But that was when they had the MTT for 89.99.  Now it's 94.99, so you have to really weigh your options with TRU discounts.  You win some, and you lose some with them.  They almost always take their exclusives ofline during this time period, or they don't apply to the larger items.  Really the best deals in my opinion right now are the Sail Barge, the Duel on Geonosis and the MTTs.  You can get the Cantinas, AT-ATs and ISDs (all the summer wave 2014 stuff) cheaper at Target right now.

Seems to be a monthly occurrence, but many times there are really only one or two true deals to take advantage of.  I know they had one in mid march, because I bought a Sail Barge that was on sale for 94.00, and I used a discount coupon.  They also had one in early February where they had a BOGO 40% off - that time I bought a couple of MTTs where it rounded out to about 71.00 for two with tax.  But that was when they had the MTT for 89.99.  Now it's 94.99, so you have to really weigh your options with TRU discounts.  You win some, and you lose some with them.  They almost always take their exclusives ofline during this time period, or they don't apply to the larger items.  Really the best deals in my opinion right now are the Sail Barge, the Duel on Geonosis and the MTTs.  You can get the Cantinas, AT-ATs and ISDs (all the summer wave 2014 stuff) cheaper at Target right now.

You'd be surprised if you do the math.  TRU rarely had any sales last year.  This is a wonderful start to 2015 comparatively.

• Like 2