What Makes Up an Adult Fan of LEGO (AFOL) **SURVEY RESULTS**

Nice.

I have to say that I found the question "what is your favorite theme" a little hard to answer. My favorite sets are the modulars and because BP currently lists them under Advanced Models that's what I answered but you could also count them as creator and I believe they were also concidered part of "town" at some point.

A point about the income question: i just answered that by converting my income from euros to dollars at the current exchange rate, but I have to say it is comparing apples to oranges to some degree. Real purchasing power of, say, $50.000 in one country can be very different to another.

Happy to see 35% earn $100k+ per year and a nice little spike at $200k+ per year. Really would have liked to have seen top shopping outlets for RETIRED lego items. Very useful info and it will help us choose what we market going forward.

Edited by asharerin

Looking quick, it appears that going to College doesn't really seem to be paying off.

I think you looked too quickly.

Graduating college was 35% and Graduate school was just below it at 25%, "some" graduate school was 5%. That means 65% of AFOLs have at least graduated college and another 20% might even be in the process of finishing.

Edited by mudcatsfan
  • Like 1

I think you looked too quickly.

Graduating college was 35% and Graduate school was just below it at 25%, "some" graduate school was 5%. That means 65% of AFOLs have at least graduated college and another 20% might even be in the process of finishing.

That was what I was looking at - I would think that Household Incomes would have been a lot higher with such a level of graduates.

But like someone mentioned, where in the world the person lives could be part of the reason (but I still think the incomes seem low).

Very interesting, thanks !

However, the "AFOLS by country" numbers are completely wrong, because a poll available on english websites can't represent the real numbers of AFOLs from France/Italy/Germany/Spain/etc. :) (for example there are not 5 or 6 times more AFOLs in the UK (15.03%) than in Germany (2.76%) ;) )

So no results (for this part) would have been better than wrong ones IMHO.

Edited by biniou
  • Like 2

That was what I was looking at - I would think that Household Incomes would have been a lot higher with such a level of graduates.

But like someone mentioned, where in the world the person lives could be part of the reason (but I still think the incomes seem low).

Income should be in comparison to the cost of living. $55k-$70k/year goes a long way for most parts of US but not in California or any of the bigger cities

Great work.
What someone perceives and what is reality, assuming the data is generally being provided accurately by the recipients does not always match.

This is a eye opener to me in many ways.

PS the graphic for the 46-54 the hair is starting to get a little disorganized which is accurate though should look a little younger than that LOL.

Very interesting, thanks !

However, the "AFOLS by country" numbers are completely wrong, because a poll available on english websites can't represent the real numbers of AFOLs from France/Italy/Germany/Spain/etc. :) (for example there are not 5 or 6 times more AFOLs in the UK (15.03%) than in Germany (2.76%) ;) )

So no results (for this part) would have been better than wrong ones IMHO.

Again, it was posted on other sites that have a fan base outside of the US.  I also wrote other sites that might help diversify it more and didn't receive feedback.  It is a general question. If you want to re-host the survey in France, we can add those people in.  

Wow, that infographic is superbly stunning. :swoon: A couple of the stats aren't surprising but overall the results are a pleasant one. Such a small percentage of strictly investors while majority are either an investor and collector or just collect. Funny to see Walmart ranked even lower than Toys R Us which is pretty bad.