Bricklink/BrickOwl - Discussion, questions, & answers

I opened a BO store years ago when I opened my BrickLink. I didn’t list much stuff, but I think I’ve only had two sales there. Maybe only one. So it’s been pretty much abandoned. Who shops there? Only Americans?

BO gets a pretty good amount of “casual buyers”. It’s more user friendly to a non-AFOL. If you aren’t using BrickSync, look into it. There is no reason why anyone’s store shouldn’t be listed in both marketplaces.
  • Like 3

49 minutes ago, DadsAFOL said:

BO gets a pretty good amount of “casual buyers”. It’s more user friendly to a non-AFOL. If you aren’t using BrickSync, look into it. There is no reason why anyone’s store shouldn’t be listed in both marketplaces.

I happily donated to BrickSync. Took a little getting use to, but it’s an amazing program. 

I’ve been slowly pulling back from BrickLink. Too time consuming. I was too lazy/busy from bricksync early on. Now I’m... too busy... for it. I do enjoy BrickLink and hope to pass it on to my kids. They still need a good year or two to mature.

Anyone have any idea what this valued customer wants? For the record - I have neither set in my BL inventory. Is he asking me to buy this, with promo, from shop.lego.com and then forward it to him? Confused ...

Dear Sir or Madam,

Can l buy LEGO Droid Commander 75253 from Japan?
Is it include 40335 Space Rocket Ride as the same as LEGO.com?
Anyway, please let me know the price and shipping cost to Japan.

Thanks,

8 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Anyone have any idea what this valued customer wants? For the record - I have neither set in my BL inventory. Is he asking me to buy this, with promo, from shop.lego.com and then forward it to him? Confused ...

That is a new one. I’ve never had anyone ask me if they get a promo set with a set I don’t have in my store. 

• 4 weeks later...

Question, I had a buyer claim 1 of the 4 minifigs in their order were missing. I know forsure I packed it though, but I guess when situations arise like this you can’t really do anything but refund them I assume?

Sucky thing was this particular minifig was the most expensive and half the cost of the order.

Do you all usually take photos of your packed contents for your record, and then as a follow up question... would that even help in this scenario against the buyers word that it was missing?? Do photos even hold up against a paypal case?

Buyer has ample feedback on BL so it doesn’t make sense it’s a scam... but I’m 100% I packed them all together. I asked them to double check package.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

35 minutes ago, scatttcat said:

Question, I had a buyer claim 1 of the 4 minifigs in their order were missing. I know forsure I packed it though, but I guess when situations arise like this you can’t really do anything but refund them I assume?

Sucky thing was this particular minifig was the most expensive and half the cost of the order.

Do you all usually take photos of your packed contents for your record, and then as a follow up question... would that even help in this scenario against the buyers word that it was missing?? Do photos even hold up against a paypal case?

Buyer has ample feedback on BL so it doesn’t make sense it’s a scam... but I’m 100% I packed them all together. I asked them to double check package.

If I miss a part/minifigure for an order, and If I don’t have spares in my inventory, I’ll purchase from a different seller and then ship out the missing parts. It’s just something I’ve always done. I also don’t take photos unless I’m shipping a sealed set. I once had a case on eBay where I had all the evidence in the world (time stamped photos) and PayPal still sided with the buyer. 

Edited by Foreman Porgy
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, scatttcat said:

Nothing you can do other than refund or replace/resend. PayPal will give them options  (and grant their wish).

they will likely file “not as described” or missing some contents.

options will be return the order for full refund or except a partial refund, you may as well sort it before a PayPal claim occurs 

you maybe able to claim your loss against taxes, which helps a little

The only protection sellers have is a claim of non- receipt, when tracking shows as delivered to the eligible address

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Foreman Porgy said:

If I miss a part/minifigure for an order, and If I don’t have spares in my inventory, I’ll purchase from a different seller and then ship out the missing parts. It’s just something I’ve always done. I also don’t take photos unless I’m shipping a sealed set. I once had a case on eBay where I had all the evidence in the world (time stamped photos) and PayPal still sided with the buyer. 

Yeah, photos don't mean squat to Paypal/ebay/Amazon/etc.  Fortunately I have not run across scamming on Bricklink as I think the community as a whole is a much better, more knowledgeable buyer than ebay/Amazon.  I make sure I insure the package if I think I may have a buyer that is going to be a hassle, or anything above $100, but have had good luck so far.  

• Like 3

Any idea what's up with BrickSync/Stragus?

Finally got back on BrickLink, after a 6 year absence, 100's of manual entries, now my stores are "synced" using BrickSync very nice, and functions well.

So I want to pay him, even tho I'm under the 250k threshold - at the moment.

Sent message yesterday via BO, with no response, sent another today via BL, but notice his store states "closed for a very long time"...

so is he OK? How do I pay? Is he still keeping up with BS? - I notice a (now not so new) color, Coral, not recognized 

I intend(ed) to expand sometime in the future, but once again, I'm not so sure as BrickSync will be of no use if I go over 250k parts, due to the "question after order" thing OR has he disabled that?

Thanks in advance - anyone??

1 minute ago, Graham Bailey said:

Any idea what's up with BrickSync/Stragus?

Finally got back on BrickLink, after a 6 year absence, 100's of manual entries, now my stores are "synced" using BrickSync very nice, and functions well.

So I want to pay him, even tho I'm under the 250k threshold - at the moment.

Sent message yesterday via BO, with no response, sent another today via BL, but notice his store states "closed for a very long time"...

so is he OK? How do I pay? Is he still keeping up with BS? - I notice a (now not so new) color, Coral, not recognized 

I intend(ed) to expand sometime in the future, but once again, I'm not so sure as BrickSync will be of no use if I go over 250k parts, due to the "question after order" thing OR has he disabled that?

Thanks in advance - anyone??

Cannot help you - I have an open question to @Stragus already out for several months ... no response. Mine was just about an obscure flag that probably nobody uses, so nothing urgent. Coral missing as a color is a bigger problem though.

• Like 1

Unfortunately I've found myself a Bricklink scammer. Jeff Painter, username: JDP55 .

Purchased an item, a few weeks later marked it as a "Unauthorized Transaction". Was a simple claim to beat on my end, as I purchased the label via the Paypal transaction. But they probably refunded him out of their pocket anyways.

For some reason my feedback no longer appears, and the order seems to have been removed from Bricklink all together. Guess he complained that I posted accurate feedback about his ploy, and they catered to him as well.

image.thumb.png.c77c3134214666f0d9d1bb97849a88ab.png

Edited by brickvoyeur
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, brickvoyeur said:

Unfortunately I've found myself a Bricklink scammer. Jeff Painter, username: JDP55 .

Purchased an item, a few weeks later marked it as a "Unauthorized Transaction". Was a simple claim to beat on my end, as I purchased the label via the Paypal transaction. But they probably refunded him out of their pocket anyways.

For some reason my feedback no longer appears, and the order seems to have been removed from Bricklink all together. Guess he complained that I posted accurate feedback about his ploy, and they catered to him as well.

You don't know if he scammed you or someone else scammed you both.

1 minute ago, minicoopers11 said:

You don't know if he scammed you or someone else scammed you both.

He emailed me directly from the paypal email. Item was sent to that person in both the payment and email. User address and email in Bricklink match, and his Bricklink name, address, and email are still set the same. User is still making purchases and has feedback left this week.

I have no idea if this guy is using stolen credit cards and those are being flagged by the actual owners, or if he is running that ploy using his own payment.

Either way, user account JDP55 is purchasing items and I can verify at least one attempted chargeback weeks after successful delivery. Make use of this information if you choose.

Does anyone know how to change the picking list order on your Brick Owl orders ? Right now when I get a BO order, I'm walking all over the place to pull them in the default order. I'd like to pull them in the ascending drawer # (remark field) order like BL does.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, 4cs said:

Does anyone know how to change the picking list order on your Brick Owl orders ? Right now when I get a BO order, I'm walking all over the place to pull them in the default order. I'd like to pull them in the ascending drawer # (remark field) order like BL does.

Thanks!

There’s a little arrow (looks like elevator up/down) next to NOTE, click on it and will go darker and show either up or down, it will toggle between up/down when clicked again.

also there is a secondary sort by holding the shift key then select another column similarly 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Foreman Porgy said:

69E1AA37-7D61-4892-93DD-E843A6AB38BB.png

I don't get the infamous "500" error often like it sounds like others do, but I did the other day for about an hour when I was trying to upload some inventory and it was really frustrating.  The biggest issue is that there is seemingly no plan to upgrade their site or servers at all to fix these issues.  Hoping that whoever picks up this website does more with it than the current owner, because they obviously don't want to invest a dime into it.  

• Like 1