Bricklink/BrickOwl - Discussion, questions, & answers

Thanks guys.  Since I print through Paypal for Bricklink, is there one that is better suited than another?  

1 hour ago, DadsAFOL said:

Dymo 4XL is worth every penny.  I've probably printed well over 20,000 labels on one.  I think @Foreman Porgy's experience is atypical.

Best thing is that it will do international labels with the integrated CN22 form if you use Endicia or other service.  And FedEx labels if ou do more than just USPS.

If I also ship through UPS/Fedex, is there anything special I need or can I still just ship through Paypal with these services like I do already and still use this just fine?  Also, do other label makers not work nice with International labels for customs?  Most of my orders are domestic, but I do get a few here and there that are International.  Can the Dymo print wirelessly?  

• 2 weeks later...

Little bit help here.

I just sold some BHz to a buyer in South Korea, and am looking into getting the custom form done in paypal. The HS code I can find for the lego toy is 9503, but paypal is asking for a 6-digits code, can anybody help me with that?

also, it's my first international sell through BL, total amount is a bit below $100 before shipping, any thing I need to watch out? I will make sure buyer's shipping address and paypal address match. Other than that, is there any thing else I need to do to protect myself from future hassle?

The buyer has long & good reviews on BL and he picked the first class package international service for shipping, which I think does not come with the tracking, is that right?

thank you for the help

5 minutes ago, superlegolover said:

Little bit help here.

I just sold some BHz to a buyer in South Korea, and am looking into getting the custom form done in paypal. The HS code I can find for the lego toy is 9503, but paypal is asking for a 6-digits code, can anybody help me with that?

also, it's my first international sell through BL, total amount is a bit below $100 before shipping, any thing I need to watch out? I will make sure buyer's shipping address and paypal address match. Other than that, is there any thing else I need to do to protect myself from future hassle?

The buyer has long & good reviews on BL and he picked the first class package international service for shipping, which I think does not come with the tracking, is that right?

thank you for the help

Use 950300 for Plastic Toy Parts. Don't indicate LEGO or LEGO sets.  It's what I use typically.

• Like 1

Little bit help here.

thank you for the help

I'm not sure on any codes, but get tracking.  Always have tracking, even if it costs you a little extra.

2 minutes ago, TANV said:

Use 950300 for Plastic Toy Parts. Don't indicate LEGO or LEGO sets.  It's what I use typically.

1 minute ago, LegoMan1212 said:

I'm not sure on any codes, but get tracking.  Always have tracking, even if it costs you a little extra.

thank you guys.

In the custom form, it also ask you to itemize the content, if I just do the Plastic Toy Parts as general, what should I be putting down there? @TANV

I will make sure the tracking is added @LegoMan1212

thank you guys.

In the custom form, it also ask you to itemize the content, if I just do the Plastic Toy Parts as general, what should I be putting down there? @TANV

I will make sure the tracking is added @LegoMan1212

I just repeat the contents. Less likely to be stolen or pried apart. Never put LEGO on there.

• Like 1

On 7/31/2019 at 11:11 AM, Al Legorical said:

Any idea what's up with BrickSync/Stragus?

Finally got back on BrickLink, after a 6 year absence, 100's of manual entries, now my stores are "synced" using BrickSync very nice, and functions well.

So I want to pay him, even tho I'm under the 250k threshold - at the moment.

Sent message yesterday via BO, with no response, sent another today via BL, but notice his store states "closed for a very long time"...

so is he OK? How do I pay? Is he still keeping up with BS? - I notice a (now not so new) color, Coral, not recognized 

I intend(ed) to expand sometime in the future, but once again, I'm not so sure as BrickSync will be of no use if I go over 250k parts, due to the "question after order" thing OR has he disabled that?

Thanks in advance - anyone??

BrickSync has a new update moving from 1.6.9 to 1.7.1. @Stragus has taken it Open Source as well. I just updated and it seems to be working fine, minus the fact that the software seems to think it is running in the future (it claims 1.6.9 is the latest version, so gives a warning when it runs 1.7.1 :) ). So he's still alive and I think by open sourcing it he is setting it up so he can back away from it and others can take it over.

Good news for people not using BrickSync yet: no more payment for registration (he still accepts donations which I strongly recommend!).

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Phil B said:

BrickSync has a new update moving from 1.6.9 to 1.7.1. @Stragus has taken it Open Source as well. I just updated and it seems to be working fine, minus the fact that the software seems to think it is running in the future (it claims 1.6.9 is the latest version, so gives a warning when it runs 1.7.1 :) ). So he's still alive and I think by open sourcing it he is setting it up so he can back away from it and others can take it over.

Good news for people not using BrickSync yet: no more payment for registration (he still accepts donations which I strongly recommend!).

This program along with brickstock are essential once you hit a certain threshold for parts. Brickstock is also a great tool just to track your own collection as well. I would also totally agree, make a donation regardless if it free or not. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Received a BL shipment of used parts that, upon opening the ziploc bag, reeks of cigarette smoke. Seller has no mention on their store page that they smoke or that their goods can smell like smoke. I'm confident a quick wash and Febreze treatment will get rid of the stink. What would you do:

1. Leave positive feedback (items were properly packed and quickly shipped, and are in otherwise good condition) but mention the smoke smell in the feedback

2. Leave neutral feedback because of the smoke smell

3. Contact seller and tell them about the smell - imploring them to take action. Depending on response, leave positive or neutral feedback (mentioning the smoke).

4. Let it slide.

Tips on which option to choose?

2 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Received a BL shipment of used parts that, upon opening the ziploc bag, reeks of cigarette smoke. Seller has no mention on their store page that they smoke or that their goods can smell like smoke. I'm confident a quick wash and Febreze treatment will get rid of the stink. What would you do:

1. Leave positive feedback (items were properly packed and quickly shipped, and are in otherwise good condition) but mention the smoke smell in the feedback

3. Contact seller and tell them about the smell - imploring them to take action. Depending on response, leave positive or neutral feedback (mentioning the smoke).

4. Let it slide.

I always start with an email and word it accordingly to what kind of outcome i want.  If you are ok keeping the parts, then i would be looking for a discount.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Phil B said:

4. Let it slide.

I would lean toward #3.  I've been in similar situations with sellers on Bricklink and eBay and always try and give them a chance to respond/fix the issue.  I am very intolerant of smoke smell and feel that it should always be mentioned in a listing or store if it's a possibility.

• Like 2

4. Let it slide.

I’ve had this happen. First contact the seller and ask them what they’d like to do to make it right.

Mine assured me he “doesn’t smoke in the house” but I responded with - dude, it’s really bad and really obvious.

It was a small order so he ended up refunding me. But I left neutral feedback, stating that there was no mention of smoking, and the items arrived smelling of smoke.

At least give the seller the chance to make it up to you.
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Phil B said:

4. Let it slide.

So I'm assuming it is a veteran seller and you bought used parts? 

Neutral at best.  other buyers need to know.  disgusting 

• Like 1

I am guessing that your seller probably bought them used from another person who smokes. The seller is probably a smoker as well. I can tell you that smokers do not notice the smell of cigarette smoke. So even though your seller might have never smoked inside their house they couldn't detect the smell of smoke on the Lego.

I smoke, but I don't smoke in my house or vehicles. I sold a used set once on Ebay and the buyer wrote me about the smell of cigarettes even though I had never smoked around the set. I sent a refund and he returned the set. Ever since then I was every used set I buy for resale just it case it smells and I don't notice.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

• Like 1

Yep. Close to 3000 feedback, 98%+ positive

Sounds suspiciously as if we bought from the same seller. He’s on my least favorite store list. Not going to buy from him again.

To get the smell out, I bought some scented dryer sheets, put three or four of them into a ziploc bag with the offending parts and put it out in the garage for a couple of weeks. They were fine after that.
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Are you ready for this? Here is the seller's response to my politely formulated complaint about the lot reeking of cigarette smoke:

*facepalm*

You can log into paypal and request a refund.  You choose whatever you think is suitable.  BL is not really the fairest system, so although the seller deserves a negative, be prepared to receive a negative in return.

10 minutes ago, lego rules said:

You can log into paypal and request a refund.  You choose whatever you think is suitable.  BL is not really the fairest system, so although the seller deserves a negative, be prepared to receive a negative in return.

Being able to neg buyers sounds very fair to me.

5 minutes ago, lego rules said:

when it is deserved, yes.  Unfortunately, without someone unbiased that make that decision you will likely receive retaliatory negatives if you give one.

That´s why Ebay removed it on their platform but nowadays it seems no one leaves positive feedback anymore either.