I only just found you!

Whats happening lego people? I found this site On Sunday, lost all semblance of reason becuase I read it until 3 am (7am start time at work) every night since and just blew my 1st thousand on legos to invest in. This is the place of my people. I love my job, but I LOVE hunting down diamonds, and turning a profit. Its the rush.

Just wanted to thank everyone for contributing to this awesome site. ITs definitley led me to make some purchases, and I hope that I can grow it readily. ...So far, I found 3 sets of series 2 mixles, 3 sets of series 3,  2 t1s, 1 mini, 1 DGB, 1 Blocktober set, 4 Ecto-1s, 4 Exo-suits, 4 treehouses, and a few Star wars mins to play with. 

The plan is to diversify (any good investor does that right?) and build a few racks, and hold long on the bigger sets. Looking to get into a few sea cows, SOH, TB, , then amass mixle sets, t1s, star wars, and idea sets for the holiday season.  

How do you all diversify your collection?

• Like 3

Guest brickcrazyhouse

hello and here to that new monkey on your back. if you don't have any experience selling online you may want to try some quick flips or part out a set or two. just to see how the whole process goes.

Welcome, droolmonkey.

The plan is to diversify (any good investor does that right?) and build a few racks, and hold long on the bigger sets. Looking to get into a few sea cows, SOH, TB, , then amass mixle sets, t1s, star wars, and idea sets for the holiday season.

Any good investor knows his/her limits between setting an 'allowance' towards purchases either designated for investment or personal, maps out what area(s) can be used for storage without burying him/herself or one's family, and yes tries to mix up some diversity to hedge the bets as 'a sure thing' doesn't exist but more like 'a good probability'. Also discounts are not always indicative of demand. Sometimes retailers just need to move stock in order to make room for the new and a sale usually helps speed the process. One last thing would be to do a little Mapquest or Google Maps check to see where all the nearby Targets, Walmarts, Toys R Us', etcetera in your general vicinity are since this will help in planning those annual clearance raids.
  • Like 1

Exo Suits??? Is this a good "investment". Why are people selling these at break even?

Perhaps it is a lack of patience or belief in the set's value potential by those sellers. With the announced retirement literally just around the corner, I would wait. Classic Space will always be popular amongst LEGO fans old and new. At least that is my speculation.
  • Like 1

I hear you all on the "more likely to appreciate in value" sets and purchasing of those. I was doing some of that, but also buying based on the fact that if it doesnt work out, I would keep them to play with my niece and nephews. ...Gotta learn to separate work and pleasure. A dealer never plays with his selling stash; or something like that.  I suppose I know where the monthly investment money will go for a few months. Im sure, at least some of you invest in other avenues (stock, real estate etc..). Did you pull some of that principle away to start lego investing, or was it a hobby, turned income road? and how much stock do you actually hold at any given time? 

Reading all of the personal stories and greetings is pretty interesting. Quite the eclectic group of people here. 

Welcome and nice start. You have the bug. Be careful with it.

There are some on here that don't like to leave their chair to find a good deal and then there are others that love a good hunt.

You will find that some sets/deals are to be built/personal collection and some long term holds.

Additionally there are sets which can provide short term profits. These are key to help fuel the machine. (if needed)

good luck.

Just got back from target and the lego store, bought up some more series 2 mixel sets for $27 a set (I thought these were all gone?)  and some more exo suits and bennys, and made buddies with one of the lego employees. Hes gonna let me know when more cinemas come in. They have tons of ToO though. Why is everyone so hyped up to grab them online? 

Funny enough Pilgrim, I happen to be into photography too, so I always check out the clearance section in electronics. Picked up 3 Sony a3000s for $150 last week. Craigslisted them for $220 last weekend. Im trying to fund some real investing too though. Really want to break into real estate. Just getting into toys again though. This is all good fun thus far.

Stebbing, Im starting to see which ones I like just for me, and which ones are buy and holds, then which ones to flip. This all seems to simply work on math and timing, so if you can keep your emotions removed (or at least in check) profits are to be had by all.