Star Wars Buildable Figures

Bold-Arrow

21 minutes ago, odysea11 said:

When I see these buildables, it reminds me of a missed opportunity for the Superheroes buildables. Short shelf life, good price point, highly recognizable....I'm on board with these!

There will be opportunities to get these at discounted prices.  I bought many of my Super Heroes sets at 50% off.

15 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

Target has obi and grev. 

That's first wave, not second...
I haven't seen any of those 2-packs in Europe so we don't get the additional poster either.

I'm not a big fan of these sets but my son loves them and they seem to do pretty well over here. Grievous is nowhere to be found on the shelves and Vader is gone almost everywhere as well. I'm keeping at least 1 complete series of each wave for the long haul.

I should have picked up an extra of each as both are sold out around here. I didn't buy the single pack of Vader, Luke, Grievous and Obiwan since i got the two packs. That's why i want to know if there are two packs of the TFA ones. I'd rather have the two packs than the individual ones. 

44 minutes ago, BearCrash said:

That's first wave, not second...
I haven't seen any of those 2-packs in Europe so we don't get the additional poster either.

I'm not a big fan of these sets but my son loves them and they seem to do pretty well over here. Grievous is nowhere to be found on the shelves and Vader is gone almost everywhere as well. I'm keeping at least 1 complete series of each wave for the long haul.

My bad, overlooked the second wave part

Hello everyone! My first forum post here! I tried to search to see if this was previously discussed and couldn't find anything. (Brand new to this site).

i recently got into collecting Star Wars sets. I bought all 6 of the newly released Star Wars buildables and was planning to buy the newest ones today or tomorrow. I was wondering what you guys thought from the investment standpoint if these would be worth anything in the future. Priced between 20-30 dollars they are not that expensive but figured they were cool and I would buy them all as they are released in sets of 6. I know my UCS sets go up in value every few months I was just wondering if you guys thought one day the new buildables from lego ( the Star Wars ones) would be worth something in the future. Thanks for any input and look forward to being a part of the BP community!!!

image.jpg

I see a lot of "can get 50% off" is that a particular website or store? Or know someone who works for the company? "Lego". I don't want to get ripped off! Lmao... I like them I think they will do well imo. Majority of Star Wars stuff will always have a market. Star Wars is getting bigger and so is Lego! Match made in heaven!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
26 minutes ago, feed said:

There are 12 on the shelves today, with these 3 and another 3 coming in 2016.  That’s a lot of shelf space dedicated to these things.   So who goes? 

My guess is everyone from the first wave except for Vader. Force Awakens Wave sticks around for a while along with Rogue One. Then FA goes bye bye followed by the last Classic wave. I don't think these will stick around longer than 2-3 years.

There are 12 on the shelves today, with these 3 and another 3 coming in 2016.  That’s a lot of shelf space dedicated to these things.   So who goes? 

We're already seeing discounts on these. Commander Cody and Obi-Wan have hit $5 clearance price at some Walmarts. GG has hit $17.