Craigslist price per pound

Baseace

Are you all seeing people go crazy on Craigslist with the Lego price per pound? I saw a bucket deal today that they are wanting about $10/lb. it seems over-valued, normally I am interested in looking more seriously at $4-7/lb.

Am I totally off? Or is this the new going rate for bulk bricks?

post-37038-14222308002791_thumb.jpg

Are you all seeing people go crazy on Craigslist with the Lego price per pound? I saw a bucket deal today that they are wanting about $10/lb. it seems over-valued, normally I am interested in looking more seriously at $4-7/lb.

Am I totally off? Or is this the new going rate for bulk bricks?

Depends on the lot. There are some lots where I would gladly pay $10 per pound. Other lots, I would only pay $5 -$7 per pound. It seems that the prices per pound are generally going up. I have seen it in my area.

I try not to spend more than $3-$4 per pound unless I see something I reallllly like. I can get away with that in my area because it is not as saturated with investers as some of the bigger cities. The pictured lot is not worth $10 per pound in my opinion.

The long yellow piece, can anyone tell if that is from a Dino set? just going by the sticker.

To put it in perspective I just sold a lot on craigslist for around $6 per pound. (moving didn't have time to deal with it)

Edited by Migration

I try not to spend more than $3-$4 per pound unless I see something I reallllly like. I can get away with that in my area because it is not as saturated with investers as some of the bigger cities. The pictured lot is not worth $10 per pound in my opinion.

The long yellow piece, can anyone tell if that is from a Dino set? just going by the sticker.

Give me a minute...

That yellow piece is from the 5888 Ocean Interceptor.

• 2 months later...

I've been keeping track of my purchase weights, and have found that in general I have bought bins of bulk unsorted Lego for anywhere from $1.50/Lb. (was a small bin of basic bricks) up to about $5.50/Lb. for several larger totes that I knew had a few valuable sets in them.

I try to keep that in mind when looking at bulk bins as a rule of thumb, and won't "overpay" unless I'm looking at nearly complete sets in the mixture.

But yes, here in the NJ/PA area, people will regularly post up a couple of bins (20-30 pounds) for $200 to $300