40158 - Pirates Chess Set (2015)

TheOrcKing

37 minutes ago, brickolodon said:

Brandenburg gate....

sorry to late.

so about that chess set, ... i got one 21S5 with 3lbs 08??? Keep or Return?

I didn't know any were "S" but keep the only difference is the instructions.  

If you move these posts to the chess set thread this weekend I will make up a 20% off entire TRU purchase With no lego exclusions that stacks with the $10 off $100 and TRUTH/S with a front and an expiration date of 12/31/15 and isn't limited to once per rewards account ;) 

Edited by Pseudoty
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

I didn't know any where "S" but keep the only difference is the instructions.  

If you move these posts to the chess set thread this weekend I will make up a 20% off entire TRU purchase With no lego exclusions that stacks with the $10 off $100 and TRUTH/S with a front and an expiration date of 12/31/15 and isn't limited to once per rewards account ;) 

Done.  I left 1 post on DD for reference there

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

I didn't know any where "S" but keep the only difference is the instructions.  

Done

You smell sooo good.  << how'd that get in there?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Cbenioff said:

Is 3lbs 1.2oz probably ok? 04O5 reseated with 18O5. 

http://www.manualsmania.com/downloads/lego-chess-set-40158-instructions/

the only difference I know about is the instructions there are 2 versions using the same elements. If you compare them you can see the difference in board setup and queen placement. Perhaps what Ghost Dad is referring to is that the lighter resealed sets are missing the instructions? 

We need someone who has a resealed "light" set to take one for the team and open the box and see what's inside. 

On 11/30/2015, 9:00:40, justapilgrim said:

4 or 5 days on sale and still isn't sold out, a little scary

It's one of the best sellers for many days. And the Gingerbread promo was included.

I'd say very scary.

(Don't mistake being best seller for being highly demanded. If it's so Lego would not have to reduce price for several times)

17 minutes ago, legone3 said:

It's one of the best sellers for many days. And the Gingerbread promo was included.

I'd say very scary.

(Don't mistake being best seller for being highly demanded. If it's so Lego would not have to reduce price for several times)

I couldn't disagree more with that sentiment. I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is too, as I've actually had friends and family grab some for me, too, as this was a deal that was too good for me to ignore. If the promo were still live I'd still be buying more. I wouldn't stop until I had about 50 of them.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

I didn't know any were "S" but keep the only difference is the instructions.  

Where does the line start.  I'm going tomorrow AND Sunday and it'd be GREAT to have this gem. :)

Hello, fellow Pirates Chess fans! Guys, this has become my favorite set this year; it's a perfect set for me, a guy who likes to split sets on EBay, and dreams of getting motivated (and organized enough) to sell on Bricklink. I'm positive this set will be great EOL, but I'm having fun selling the pieces NOW! I've been happy to discover people will pay $5 +shippping for those 16x16 plates. White seems to be what people want this week; I've sold five so far.

• Like 1

On 12/17/2015 at 5:59 PM, seapotato said:

The minifigs are pretty generic, no? Are you getting any luck selling those individually?

The Bluecoats seem to move faster than the pirates. I've sold sets of 10 Bluecoats for $25 +shipping and the 10 pirates for $23 + shipping. The female pirate alone sold for an impressive sum (don't remember figure, but it was over $10.) I think the female pirate is the breakout star of the set.

• 4 months later...

This is a great set for the money! Where can we get 20 minifigures to build an army for this price? And we still get the plates and all the other pieces of the chess board. I haven't done the math but I believe this set is dirt cheap when it comes to the price per brick/minifigures ratio!

I will get at least two, just wish Lego Europe made the same discount they made in the US.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

I've always wondered about this sets sale price of $49.79 at Shop? What the Frak? $10.20 off???  Makes no sense. Last September It's sale price dropped to $41.99 which is 30% off and makes sense. Sorry for the random thoughts. It's late and I'm home from work and a few deep plus I figured what the hell....

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Am I just failing to navigate the new LEGO Shop at Home site correctly, or is this set actually gone???

All told I pulled a 139% ROI off of 49 of these cash cows (parting them out, obviously). Was just looking to stock up on another dozen but can't seem to find it...

Edit: Found it. It's just actually *not* at the sale price anymore, that's what threw me off.

• 1 month later...
  • Alpinemaps changed the title to 40158 - Pirates Chess Set (2015)