40158 - Pirates Chess Set (2015)

TheOrcKing

Pretty strong performer due to shortage last couple months...future of this set? Not sure...

If it sells out (which it likely will do on sale) and status stays at sold out, it would be a relatively short run with shortages during said run. It sounds like a pretty easy double to me. I'm talking myself into getting the limit (5) but not talking myself into having others also get five on my behalf.

Spotted today at lego b&m: boxes from 51O4 taped over with new seals with 18O5. So obviously there was no error on the boxes but only an issue inside.

I've seen 2 today with the 18O5 new seals over the older seals. However there were also newer sealed boxes with the box art corrected to reflect the corrected (true) chess board. Exact same image but the black and white squares are in the correct sequence now. I suspect LEGO simply did a photoshop fix for the new boxes.

• 2 months later...

Trying to figure out production runs on the chess set. Original run was 05O5 I have one of those from the lego store.  Then it was pulled and fixed and one side of the box has two sets of seals 29O5 over 05O5, all 6 of the ones I picked up last Saturday at VIP event are like that. Today I got LEGO Shop at Home orders and all are 29O5. So possibly looking at only 2 runs of X number of sets. Anyone have anything else? 

• Alpinemaps changed the title to 40158 - Pirates Chess Set (2015)