Target Canada - New January Clearance Wave?

Sandwraith

There are tons of people checking out the toy section at my target and bringing stuff to the scanner then leaving it there. It is a complete mess and I don't blame the employees for the incorrect tags where the products are.

:-)  funny, thought maybe the endcap (next to the scanner) was the new lego aisle since it had more sets than where the Lego used to be found. 

• Like 1

I think their website said that they will start marking down around 2 to 3 weeks from their announcement of closing so i will swing by once a week and see whats going on. Btw i dont understand what people have against Superstore, they might not have much Lego but when they do have Clearance they easily slap those 50% off stickers on it so thats a good thing imo.

I think their website said that they will start marking down around 2 to 3 weeks from their announcement of closing so i will swing by once a week and see whats going on. Btw i dont understand what people have against Superstore, they might not have much Lego but when they do have Clearance they easily slap those 50% off stickers on it so thats a good thing imo.

I've never seen clearance on Lego at my local superstore. 10-15% off the cheap stuff, no big sets either.

It's not so much the store as it is the people that shop there. EVERY time I go my blood is boiling by the time I leave... People with 30 items in express, carts in the middle of aisles you can't get by, people parking their carts to the side only to shop on the other side blocking everyone... I have had my cart rammed at least twice over the years. I was shocked the first time, second time that person got an earful. My blood is heating up just thinking about it!!

• Like 2

I've never seen clearance on Lego at my local superstore. 10-15% off the cheap stuff, no big sets either.

It's not so much the store as it is the people that shop there. EVERY time I go my blood is boiling by the time I leave... People with 30 items in express, carts in the middle of aisles you can't get by, people parking their carts to the side only to shop on the other side blocking everyone... I have had my cart rammed at least twice over the years. I was shocked the first time, second time that person got an earful. My blood is heating up just thinking about it!!

Ah!  I feel the same way.

I just stopped in to pick up something for dinner because someone foolishly gave me a gift card for PC.  When I was in line, I figured it was better for my peace of mind to sell the rest of the GC just to avoid having to return to a Superstore for the rest of the year.

• Like 1

Ah! I feel the same way.

I just stopped in to pick up something for dinner because someone foolishly gave me a gift card for PC. When I was in line, I figured it was better for my peace of mind to sell the rest of the GC just to avoid having to return to a Superstore for the rest of the year.

And I forgot to mention the cabs always blocking the sidewalks. That irks me.

Never had any luck with Superstore, so i hardly go in there. When members have posted about %50 sales and such; the best i can find is some super tiny City sets. I'm sure others have better luck, but i don't really include RCSS in my locations to browse.

It requires a little more diligence and checking but I've bought many small to medium sets for 50% off there. Never trust the regular or sale pricing on the shelf. Always get the items scanned again.

Local Target was super busy today employee-wise. Either they were loading toys up to go elsewhere or loading them on the shelves from the back (couldn't tell) as they had tons of large red carts full of product.

Before the weekend they had 30 or so Starblaster Showdowns, today only 1 on the shelf. It wasn't on clearance (i scanned the last one), and i find it hard to believe that many sold at retail price is such a short time-frame. Maybe they shipped them off to another store or whatever, but it was the only product that seemed to move in large numbers since last week.

However i did find a single Hobbit wave 2 Lake-Town set at %70! This must have been in the back as it was certainly not on the shelves. before today. No price tag either, looks like just found and thrown on the shelf.

And then at the end of it all, they don't (didn't?) accept many common methods of payment and they make you bag your own items. And let's not even get into what the parking lot is usually like.

And then at the end of it all, they don't (didn't?) accept many common methods of payment and they make you bag your own items. And let's not even get into what the parking lot is usually like.

I never minded bagging my own items... I'm good at it. It was all of those idiots who didn't know what they're doing hogging a lane through 4 more shoppers.

(to keep this relatively on topic)

It also seems Target was very inconsistent with their existing store renos. I have 4 Targets within driving distance .. 3 existing locations, 1 new. Two of the existing locations that were reno'd didn't have self-serve kiosks. The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced they really messed up.

Local Target was super busy today employee-wise. Either they were loading toys up to go elsewhere or loading them on the shelves from the back (couldn't tell) as they had tons of large red carts full of product.

Before the weekend they had 30 or so Starblaster Showdowns, today only 1 on the shelf. It wasn't on clearance (i scanned the last one), and i find it hard to believe that many sold at retail price is such a short time-frame. Maybe they shipped them off to another store or whatever, but it was the only product that seemed to move in large numbers since last week.

The Targets I visited on the weekend were like this. They were loading a bunch of fake Monster High stuff onto the shelves. I think it was Monster Haus or something. They were also loading product with BIG boxes in an attempt to make them look full. I think I'll go back later this week to see what's changed.

Managed to find some Turtle Lairs at %70 off at a location that previously did not have them on the shelf. They were a bit beat up which seems like they were probably found in the back. Anyways took the nicest one as i really doubt i'll lose money on it no matter how well it does post EOL.

Right after i picked it up some lady with a cart came and grabbed 7 or so of em and left. She even looked at me and the one in my hand as if thinking "Wonder if he'll put that one back...." lol.

They also had a single 2015 city set (60075) which they never had... even more curious was the box was so beat up it looked like it could be a 2011 set it had so much wear. Still a bit confused at this one, it's the only 2015 sets I've seen in any Target's, and it's already worn and beat up like it's been around for a long time. Maybe a return from another location that got 2015 stock? not sure.

The same with GCs, they need to be used up lickety split!

Yes!

When Blockbuster closed we had to tell customers their Giftcards would not be honoured, that's crazy.

Blockbuster had a buyback trade in program like EB Games and such, and we had customers with gift cards loaded with hundreds of dollars, some close to $1000. Suddenly without warning their gift card was useless. They were furious, but nothing we could do and could only tell them to call the liquidation company and complain.

Just goes to show... never hoard loyalty program currency/gift cards cause you never know :P