Target Canada - New January Clearance Wave?

Sandwraith

I received an e-mail last Friday letting me know Target was putting all new items on clearance for January, so i checked 1 store out (albeit a bit late) to see what they had left.

Many LEGO Movie sets/Hero Factory/City were %30 off that i could see. Also the TMNT movie sets were discounted like crazy, i don't know MSRP on these but the big turtle lair was $35.99.

Didn't see any Super Heroes or SW on sale though, but as always; this will differ from Target to Target.

Anyways figured i'd share. Nothing amazing that i could see, but there might be some good stuff at other stores.

Edited by Sandwraithx157

My Target (SW Ontario) had a ton of sets left, and many were on clearance, though with no tags. I scanned lots of things - looks like all Lego Movie was 30% off, and they're practically giving away TMNT sets at 70% off. I grabbed a few Lairs to part out on my Bricklink store. Super heroes stuff came up at full price, and all SW stuff I tried except for Umbaran MHC, which was 30% off. I might go again tomorrow and scan some more sets to look for hidden discounts - I had a fussy toddler with me and couldn't stay long.

Passed by again, lego shelves are even more bare. They added chima set 30% off. And there was one hero factory (?) That was 50% off.

Meanwhile, there are tons of other toys at 70% now. Great for stocking up on gifts throughout the year, especially with the extra 10% off with the coupon plus another 5% with redcard.

Checked 1 other location yesterday and still didn't really see anything i wanted to bite on (and no 50% on any Lego movie stuff yet). I did notice this store had a little red sticker on-top of Benny's spaceship price tag, but it still rung up at full price.

Not sure what the sticker means, but would be nice to get this one at 30/50 off, even just for my personal collection.

At the top right corner of the sticker you should see 30 50 or 70 ... + DOES the descrption on the sticker is the same name of the set .. if yes ..Target needs to sale it at the deal set on the sticker.

It was just a small red circle sticker, i don't think it had anything written on it, but i'll keep my eye out.

You have to wonder if Target Canada lasts past this spring. They could be closing some or all locations very soon! So keep a close eye on LEGO discounts as I suspect there will be little to no advertising.

I love Target, and would hate for this to happen, but it seems more and more likely each year.

Other day i was in there with my girlfriend and she asked me: "are you sure this place is open?" as we walked through the store and saw not a single person...

They seem pretty determined to make it work up here though.

It's a pretty big investment to let slip away just because they simply had no clue as to the changing Canadian marketplace.  Target doesn't even make the list of destinations to check out on a whim even when one happens to be in the area anyway let alone a destination shopping spot.   How can you not have a retail web presence these days?  kinda makes one miss Zellers of all things... 

I wonder if my target is going to shut down coz there is no 2015 lego in sight, and there are less than about 10 different remaining sets. I saw an employee put other toys on the lego shelf yesterday.

None of mine in the area have any 2015 either, however i don't think many B&M retailers do just yet.

2014 Hobbit sets on the other hand... still no sign of those in any local store for me.