eBay buyer protection question

Deadfraggle

I checked with several of my closest neighbors who are friends with no luck. I didn't check with one of the houses right next door, because the inhabitants certainly leave a lot to be desired in the good neighbor category. Prior to my career in the Army, I spent a few years in law enforcement, and these guys tingle my spidey sense quite a bit. 

This is actually the 2nd package that's come up missing in the past month. I think I'm going to take the advice of one of the good posters earlier in the thread and install a DVR video security system. 

Yes, I believe (at least in the past), that with USPS insurance over $100, it required a signature upon delivery so you can get the best of both worlds by just buying insurance. Not sure if that still applies now.

I believe it is auto sig for shipments when buying insurance over $200.

Edited by KShine

Guest brickcrazyhouse

I checked with several of my closest neighbors who are friends with no luck. I didn't check with one of the houses right next door, because the inhabitants certainly leave a lot to be desired in the good neighbor category. Prior to my career in the Army, I spent a few years in law enforcement, and these guys tingle my spidey sense quite a bit. 

This is actually the 2nd package that's come up missing in the past month. I think I'm going to take the advice of one of the good posters earlier in the thread and install a DVR video security system. 

Having packages dropped off on the porch  (IMO) is ridiculous.  request signatures and if need be take a weekly trip to the post office to pick up packages. Even if you catch your neighbor on tape, are you really going to want to take the time and energy to prosecute a neighbor who you (what sounds like) would rather just ignore.

oh and thanks (sincerely) for being your cr@py situation here, where a lot can learn and benifit. care to say what set it was?

edit: you could also hire hxckid won't say for what but . . . 

Edited by brickcrazyhouse

I believe it is auto sig for shipments when buying insurance over $200.

$200 is correct. It's also the magic number to get tracking for international shipping for a reasonable cost as opposed to doing Int'l priority or Int'l priority express. You can send int'l standard mail (first class?) but with $200 of insurance and receive tracking. I used that method to send some polys to Switzerland.

Edited by Deadfraggle

Having packages dropped off on the porch  (IMO) is ridiculous.  request signatures and if need be take a weekly trip to the post office to pick up packages. Even if you catch your neighbor on tape, are you really going to want to take the time and energy to prosecute a neighbor who you (what sounds like) would rather just ignore.

oh and thanks (sincerely) for being your cr@py situation here, where a lot can learn and benifit. care to say what set it was?

edit: you could also hire hxckid won't say for what but . . . 

I picked up 2 x 60022 cargo airports for $170 + shipping from a nice reseller the weekend they were starting to sell-out everywhere and trending up into the 120's on Ebay. I don't normally invest much in City sets for resale, but I have a few of these and the 60020 Cargo trucks stashed away for a rainy day. With a little luck they will take the path of the 7734 & 7739 from 2010.

The first "misplaced package" came from LEGO Shop at Home via FedEx and consisted of a Tower Bridge (wife's Christmas present) and a 2/2 ice skating promo.