40121 - Painting Easter Eggs

TheOrcKing

This set is awesome.

You get 7 of the new dark red brick elements with grout lines.  (element 6093908 - none of the pictures show these).

You can't tell from the pictures on the box, but the backside of the build is a cool looking brick wall.

You get a studio kitchen great for any modular MOC.

For the number of weird and rare pieces 9.99 seems like a great deal.

Edited by cladner
  • Like 1

Call to check product availability on LEGO Shop at Home

Freaking awesome!

The page seems to not come up for me on LEGO Shop at Home and when I google it and click the LEGO Shop at Home link the page is gone or something.

Is that with the site problems?  I hope this set is done.

I stocked up on this one and glad I did.  I think $20 will be too low.  Going to raise my price and wait it out a while.

Freaking awesome!

The page seems to not come up for me on S@H and when I google it and click the S@H link the page is gone or something.

Is that with the site problems?  I hope this set is done.

I stocked up on this one and glad I did.  I think $20 will be too low.  Going to raise my price and wait it out a while.

After Easter they'll be down to $9-$11 each for a bit.

After Easter they'll be down to $9-$11 each for a bit.

didn't happen with valentines.  Over 50 have sold since V-day at an average of $20 still.  I actually sold more the week after valentines then the weeks leading up to it.

If they do drop I would buy everyone of them at 9-11.  They are not performing like past sets where they drop.  Last years really aren't either.  The little box sets have proven very popular.  Unfortunately I was short on last years Bear / Bunny but I'm prepared for Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Xmas combos.  The 2014/2015 combo has done very well for the first 2 holiday.

• Like 1

I got two for myself but am surprised to see this still available. Didn't the Valentine's day dinner sell out faster?

If I remember correctly, the Valentine's Day set was released online January 15, though I was able to find them in the B&M before then and they ran out very quickly. I was surprised that they didn't restock any in February.  Painting Easter Eggs released March 1 and so at least has had a slightly longer lead time before the holiday...but 2 weeks until sold out is pretty good.  You thinking Valentine's Day managed to sell out at SAH in less than 15 days?

Sold out at shop-at-home Canada today.

I phoned the local store to see if there was stock and the guy said they originally got 2 cases of 50 but those have been gone for 3 weeks now. He wasn't optimistic of seeing a restock either.

I really missed the boot on these, darn it!

Sold out at shop-at-home Canada today.

I phoned the local store to see if there was stock and the guy said they originally got 2 cases of 50 but those have been gone for 3 weeks now. He wasn't optimistic of seeing a restock either.

I really missed the boot on these, darn it!

Likewise, read this thread too late, didn't even know these were even a thing to be keeping an eye on.

My local store seems to be pretty sure they will receive some stock Wednesday, but we'll see.

Likewise, read this thread too late, didn't even know these were even a thing to be keeping an eye on.

My local store seems to be pretty sure they will receive some stock Wednesday, but we'll see.

The next seasonal set will probably be Halloween so I won't miss out on that one. Maybe a summer themed set squeezed in between?

• Like 1

I ordered 2 but also ordered a Palace Cinema that is 30 days out.  I hope that they split the order.  I should have just split the order myself but was free shipping greedy.

Nothing to worry about. It will get sent out in a separate shipment.  If you look at your order status, you'll see that the status for the PEE (I took some liberty with that initials, we're fond of those here) is "In Warehouse".

Stopped by my local Lego store at lunchtime hoping to pick up one for myself but they were sold out. Asked the senior employee there...

....now belonging in the "Heard from a LEGO employee thread"...

He said they were getting 18 cases (6 to a case) tomorrow (Tuesday) on their regular weekly delivery day AND another shipment on Friday and that's all.

Can someone help me with this?

The set is $9.99 plus tax; eBay sells for $19.99 plus free shipping. eBay fee and PayPal fee will be around $2.88. In order to make some profits (say $2), one needs to ship it out at under $5.

Is it possible to make the shipment under $5? (Box and shipping charges together will be less than $5?)

Thanks a lot,

P.S. I could have bought like total 8 of those at two local Lego Store. But I passed it because I don't think I can make enough profit to make my time worthy.

Can someone help me with this?

The set is $9.99 plus tax; eBay sells for $19.99 plus free shipping. eBay fee and PayPal fee will be around $2.88. In order to make some profits (say $2), one needs to ship it out at under $5.

Is it possible to make the shipment under $5? (Box and shipping charges together will be less than $5?)

Thanks a lot,

P.S. I could have bought like total 8 of those at two local Lego Store. But I passed it because I don't think I can make enough profit to make my time worthy.

$3.11 is cost for postage on this set

• Like 3

They still have the ad for this set up on the main shop website, but in small print you can now read below: "The set featured here, Painting Easter Eggs 40121, is unfortunately no longer available for purchase." Not really news, but interesting that someone took the time to add this note.