Oddest thing you found in a bin of Lego

jivejong

Hi, everyone. I'm new to this board, appreciate all the knowledge present here.

In addition to collecting sets, I used to buy bins of Lego from Craigslist until the wife had enough of that.

Anyway, one of the things my son and I like about the bins is treasure hunting and seeing what cool stuff we can find. But, sometimes we find some unusual things in the Lego bin. Here's some interesting things we've found

- Old Pok

I have also bought some bins of used Lego in the past.

What I, unfortunately, found was:

- Mega Bloks  :negative:

- cat hairs

- Mini figs with the hands, arms and legs removed

- painted pieces of Lego

Putting them in the dishwasher (in a silk bag or similar) is usually a minimum before you can touch them  :cheese:

Guest TabbyBoy

I can't understand why some people bother with disgusting, filthy, tooth-marked, used Lego .  You don't know who's orifices those pieces have been in or what diseases they had.  I'd rather buy a used toilet seat!  Even buying stuff on eBay with pet hairs (or pubes) under the clear packing tape is bad enough that I've seen sometimes.

Buying a job lot of Lego with a mint condition brick would be unexpected and...... odd.

My wife bought two 3 gallon ziplock bags full of random legos at a childrens consignment sale this year. My son and I went through the lot and found the most unusual pieces/colors etc then used Brickset to source the pieces and we found this in the bunch:

4141713947_95577a6bf5.jpg

It was a fun build. That's whats fun about buying random used legos. Discovering what sets are hidden in the mix.

• Like 1

I have also bought some bins of used Lego in the past.

What I, unfortunately, found was:

- Mega Bloks  :negative:

- cat hairs

- Mini figs with the hands, arms and legs removed

- painted pieces of Lego

Putting them in the dishwasher (in a silk bag or similar) is usually a minimum before you can touch them  :cheese:

Sorry bout that, I really needed an opaque 1x6 brick and my cat used to think my collection of 1x1 studs was its litterbox.