Hasbro gunning for LEGO...

Ed Mack

There might be a battle for it next time around.  It will not be pretty.   A huge game changer if LEGO loses their STAR WARS license in 2022.

Most definitely, but I will have probably sold close to 100% of my current inventory by 2022.  It will be interesting to keep tabs on as we get closer to the renewal date though.

Not if our friends at Disney (although highly unlikely) would screw up the new movies even more as certain find the prequels are screwed up. For the record, I liked the prequels.

Disney is not stupid. It is tremendously hard to duplicate the "quality" of prequel trilogy without George Lucas writing, directing, and editing the new movie.

Who says TLC still wants the Star Wars license till then? There is no doubt that Star Wars helped bring TLC back from the dead, but I think it has grown enough to survive without it

Thats like a professional sports team dropping a main player when he is doing very well and is about to break out. They dont do it unless money restricts them. TLG will only lose Star Wars if some other company is willing to pay both arms and legs.

Sent from my SM-S765C using Brickpicker mobile app

Thats like a professional sports team dropping a main player when he is doing very well and is about to break out. They dont do it unless money restricts them. TLG will only lose Star Wars if some other company is willing to pay both arms and legs.

Sent from my SM-S765C using Brickpicker mobile app

I am going that Disney will finish the planted ideas that they will buy Hasbro and move all Toy manufacturing in house.

Then they will redo Kre-O and transfer the Star Wars license to Hasbro.

Then I will cry.

I love Hasbro for their products and do not want them to be in the house of mouse and I want Star Wars at Lego.

Bah...I simply think a theme like friends will in the end be more valuable to TLC then SW. I think alot of this hangs togetther with the LEGO growth rate and what is popular in that country with 2 billion habitants and wether they can intrest that other country with 1 billion habitants. I simply don't see SW being so popular over there. But of course, I can be wrong.

I don't find any of the possible scenarios scary.

Scenario 1: All other toy companies continue to make crappy bricks and sets, they're of little interest to collectors and no threat to LEGO.

Scenario 2: Some other toy companies actually begin making quality bricks and sets, they're of huge threat to LEGO.

#1: I keep doing what I'm doing.

#2: I expand my business to buy from the other companies that start doing it right, too, to take advantage of their sudden desirability in the market.

• Like 2

A little more information on the deal.  Interesting, the bit about Disney's reaction.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/dreamworks-animation-deal-talks-sabotaged-750094

My job sometimes involves working on large corporate contracts. I've seen some clauses that relate to what happens if you acquire (or are acquired by) what a company considers to be a competitor. In some cases you need permission or the contract terminates, in some cases the contract simply terminates.

I've also seen how in a big company one hand doesn't know what the other hand is doing (or has done).  I have witnessed one division go down a path without realizing how it will effect contracts signed by another division (but that bind the entire corporation).

I can almost imagine one division at Hasbro getting into discussions with DreamWorks without ever investigating what the impact would be on contracts with Disney that a different division had negotiated.