Craigslist ad: "selling" his online Lego business

Kenxxx

They could have got cold feet due to bubble talk or too many QFLLs in their area,recieved a big tax or house repair bill, lost their job or any number of spousal conflict issues relating to how that spare room should really be used!

With so much SW you would expect to hold until the movie but maybe their thinking is to sell now at an acceptable Price to a noob investor who wants to get in quick and thinks they can double their money.

This makes me think, would you guys sell your entire lot for it's current brickfolio value? I probably would, one easy sale. Just start over after that. 

Not a chance. Our current brickfolio does not have a single ounce of fat on it. Don't take the easy way out. Sell those losers one at a time and remember the pain. It will stop you from "diversifying" and help you focus on the handful of winners in the future.

• Like 2

Not a chance. Our current brickfolio does not have a single ounce of fat on it. Don't take the easy way out. Sell those losers one at a time and remember the pain. It will stop you from "diversifying" and help you focus on the handful of winners in the future.

I don't have losers. My thought are more towards one easy sale vs individually selling hundreds of sets. Will still profit nicely but leave much on the table in exchange for an easy cash sale. Just thinking out loud a bit. It could be worth it. 

One sale would save countless hours of work selling them individually. It would depend on how much of a discount I'd have to give (for buying all) but I'd do it, especially if you could cherry pick out a few modulars/exclusives that havn't appreciated much yet.

This makes me think, would you guys sell your entire lot for it's current brickfolio value? I probably would, one easy sale. Just start over after that. 

Having not actually built the brickfolio for the investment room yet I can't really say, probably, but if there was an interested party in buying the entire BL store in one shot at %50 current inventory average I would certainly consider it. That would enable me to just invest & not have to deal with the spiralling black hole of selling time... such a simpler life that would be :-) 

Under this scenario, yes. I'd be fine starting over. There are always good investments to be made, always things to QFLL. I know the value of my brick folio exceeds my cost, so it's a win.

I wouldn't hold anything. I'd be fine giving up everything, including retired exclusives with growth potential.

• Like 1