Can we just say Retired?

azalon

Not sure when and where the term EOL began, but for some reason it just doesn't sound as good as just saying a set is or has been retired. Saying "that set is EOL" doesn't even sound like proper English(that set is end of line). Can't we just say it's been retired?

Anyone else feel the same?

Not sure when and where the term EOL began, but for some reason it just doesn't sound as good as just saying a set is or has been retired. Saying "that set is EOL" doesn't even sound like proper English(that set is end of line). Can't we just say it's been retired?

EOL is widely accepted as a term. End of Life

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/End-of-life_(product)

• Like 1

If thought of like you would with a person, end of life is much more permanent than retirement. Once its done it is done, where people come out of retirement all of the time.

Lego never brings back a set that has reached EOL then, eh?

I'd rather have an inventory of sets that have been retired, not ones that are deceased :)

If it stands for End Of Life, that even makes it sound worse in relation to Lego sets that have been retired. I doubt I'll see it on the Lego site. Interesting though.

Just sounds dumb to me. /shrug

It stands for End of Lego.... but if you would call EOL sets, "sets that are no longer being manufactured and have reached the end of their primary economic cycle", feel free to do so.

it's called both. "end of life" and "retired". lego uses "retired product" on it's web site and store employees generally say "retired".

i'm going to lock this thread for now because many members w/in our community already type "retired" while some use both terms.