• Farran Leafshade, elf of the healing earth
    • Skyra, gentle queen of the elves
    • I like all of them!
    • I don't have one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Anyone have girls that are going nuts over these, or is the response to them "meh"?

​My daughter, age 8, picked one out to build a few months back.  The store selection was pretty sparse so that may have been a factor.  It took her a few days to finally open and build it.  I don't recall seeing her playing it or showing it off to family and friends.

I would classify the experience as "meh".

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

This is so disappointing to me. I would rather have Elves than Friends any day, but maybe the princesses are winning? I hate to say it, but perhaps TLG has over-saturated the "girl" market. Yes, girls belong in STEM just as much as boys do, but I think that the girl line may be a bit dumbed down at this point. When I was young, I didn't want a bucket of pink bricks, I wanted castles and pirates and complicated builds with bridges and pulleys. Overall, I love the concept and the colors of this line, but I find mini dolls insulting and the "instant wall" bricks detract from the build. Sure, I'm a sucker for a cute animal friend, but the thing about Lego that has had me hooked for 30+ years is the sense of accomplishment. I am concerned that the newer designs (and instructions) have lessened it over time. 

What if this is an indication that investors are the biggest force to define popularity? I should think that any mini doll line is a risky investment. That said, I don't think investors are interested in this theme, especially since Disney Princess is probably a more secure investment, and nobody wants to risk going to deep into dolls. Whether I like it or not, the majority of Lego buyers are males who like Star Wars, so there is no clear benefit to buying before EOL discounts on this particular line. The demand for Elves is compromised of end users only, so I don't think TLG is going to see a huge gain. Sorry Azari.

• 1 month later...
24 minutes ago, LegoAddict42 said:

Looking at the trends on the Elves sets, I'm personally leaning toward this one and the Spa Secret myself.  Bought 3 Spa secret at 11.24 a piece recently.  I've seen it more than once on these forums about not going wrong with horses or dolphins (especially pink or purple ones).

What do the rest of you guys think? Not sure I want to bite the bullet on these. Then again, it's usually the sets I'm not sure of and they end up selling really well. 

42 minutes ago, legodelorean said:

What do the rest of you guys think? Not sure I want to bite the bullet on these. Then again, it's usually the sets I'm not sure of and they end up selling really well. 

Well, if buy was the wrong answer, I'd say don't buy is the correct answer...

Also, you might have better luck with responses if posted in the correct thread...

Edited by dcdfan

Well, if buy was the wrong answer, I'd say don't buy is the correct answer...

Also, you might have better luck with responses if posted in the correct thread...

I agree probably should move this to the Elves thread.