NY Yankee fans only...

Ed Mack

As a lifelong NY Yankees fan, I am a huge Derek Jeter fan.  I found this video of his Top 10 career plays done with toy minifigures(Sorry...not LEGO, but close enough).  Hope you enjoy it.

I am not a Yankees fan, but as a Cards fan I do hate the Sox. Bad. Cards and Yankees are the two greatest teams in MLB history.

Thanks for posting - great audio and video.  Yanks so lucky to have Rivera and Jeter play so well and consistent all those yrs.  Rivera is like the top closer (and set up man to Wetteland) of the modern era...maybe all time.  As a traditionalist, part of me feels home teams shouldn't be giving gifts to retiring opposing player no matter how good they are...I know it's respect but still.  I don't think any other pro sport does that or they do it discreetly.     

Go Jays (next year yet again).    

I'm a Yankee hater - the 1998 World Series still stings.  But, I've been a career-long fan of Jeter.  I actually got the chance to meet him back in 1998, when the Yankees came to San Diego and played a couple of preseason games here against the Padres, and at San Diego State (I was attending there at the time).  One of my prized possessions is an autographed Jeter baseball from that weekend.

He is classy, and he played the game the old school way.

When I went to Cooperstown in 2007 to see Gwynn get inducted, there were 120,000 people.  And both Ripken and Gwynn had played their entire careers for one team.  At the time, I said the next time Cooperstown would see a crowd like that would probably be the last time, and it would be Jeter.  Even 7 years ago, there was only one player that you could point to, to say "he is a future HOF'er, who played for the same team his entire career."

Cooperstown will be nuts 5 1/2 years from now.

• Like 1