minecraft available again on amazon

Doofy McGee

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, out of interest - does anyone have any input about why the US is going crazy over the Minecraft set? Seems to have turned into a bit of a snowball. I went into my local Lego store today, and Minecraft was stocked in the tens. We just don't seem that fussed about it here in the UK, and it's not for lack of LegoHeads or Minecraft fans. I'm intrigued - are we missing something?

don't worry man.....it will work out for you.

I wouldn't be so sure. When I saw these shoot up past $100 on eBay while they were sold out everywhere I started buying them up at what I thought was a deal at $70-75. I ended up with 5 of them at that price. Then they came back in to stock over and over and the price has plummeted. I could hang on to them for a couple years to try and get my money back but will Minecraft still be popular by then. Not sure.

don't worry man.....it will work out for you.

I wouldn't be so sure. When I saw these shoot up past $100 on eBay while they were sold out everywhere I started buying them up at what I thought was a deal at $70-75. I ended up with 5 of them at that price. Then they came back in to stock over and over and the price has plummeted. I could hang on to them for a couple years to try and get my money back but will Minecraft still be popular by then. Not sure.

Minecraft will ALWAYS be popular, lol. But yeah, kind of a bad move to buy a MC set at higher than retail. Don't be so hard on yourself though, everyone has to learn these lessons. Just be thankful you didn't invest your whole savings into the Prince of Persia set or equivalent.

Always is a strong term. Let's remember it is just a video game, it will lose its cult following eventually I think.

ya it will. I dont think it will be anytime soon though. Maybe in 2 years it wont be as popular. Right now though they keep coming out with updates for the pc version and xbox, so it keeps the game interesting for its fans.

Always is a strong term. Let's remember it is just a video game, it will lose its cult following eventually I think.

Hmmm I don't agree with that, I work in the video game industry and I followed Minecraft since the very beginning. Minecraft is a phenonem, it changed many thing in the video game industry.

It will be popular for a really long time, it's not just a "game", teacher use it in school too. Some franchise never fade in the video game industry.

Some franchise who are still really popular even after 20year+s:

Mario, Zelda, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Final Fantasy, Sim City, Civilization, etc.

Hmmm I don't agree with that, I work in the video game industry and I followed Minecraft since the very beginning. Minecraft is a phenonem, it changed many thing in the video game industry.

It will be popular for a really long time, it's not just a "game", teacher use it in school too. Some franchise never fade in the video game industry.

Some franchise who are still really popular even after 20year+s:

Mario, Zelda, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Final Fantasy, Sim City, Civilization, etc.

Great points, that is why I believe MC will be around for a loooong time.

I agree that it has a huge following......the games named also had huge followings, they don't now though! Of course there are those people 20 years down the road will want to relive their past and revisit MC, that has happened with all those old Video games. To think that in 20 or 30 years MC will still be huge is insane lol. All my opinions of course no disrespect intended.

Here is my two cents for 'old' games that, thanks to its fan base, is still very much alive and kicking.

Mega Man

The little blue bomber is 26 years old, yet the games still define what makes a great platformer.

The soundtrack for each game are some of the best. Even the 8-bit tunes from Mega Man 1-6.

Doom

Need I say more? The original space marine is 20 years old and can still kick yo ass!

• 2 weeks later...

I just can't bring myself to order this set. Perhaps I'll kick myself later, but I just don't see why it's interesting to gamers at all. Every piece but the character pieces look to be very common so gee, I can build my own set easily, if i'm into the game. Plus in the back of my head, I keep imagining the guy that greenlighted this set, giggling to himself that people are paying that much for a box of 1x1 colored plates. Don't get me wrong though, I wish you guys well that are taking the plunge on this set going nuclear once they sell out. I wouldn't really mind being wrong.

• 4 weeks later...