New member and a couple of questions

Hi I'm a new Lego enthusiast at the moment investing in large quantities of second hand lego for personal collection and some resale.

Live in Melbourne , Australia. Originally from Mexico 28yo 2 kids 3yo boy and 1yo girl. Already into Lego.

At the moment I'm acquiring around 100kg of loose lego - if anyone can give me some tips in sorting will be great.

At the moment I'm sorting in 6 drawer tall storage towers and have 3 of them. I was thinking in separate them in general colours , minifigs, wheels , accessories and plates.

As well I'm interested in making models from Star Wars and wondering how can I separate starwar pieces from the rest.

As well I have question that just appeared while I was watching The Lego Movie with my son. What's the name of the part they use to hold the dragons and the flying ships up in the air?

Thanks after reading the thread I decided to change the way I organise them now the problem I have is which pieces is worth separating apart from the normal rectangular or square pieces. So you have all the brick from 1x1 to 16x2 then the bigger ones all together. Then you have the flats same thing? Or should I combine flats with bricks ? As they are pretty easy to separate?

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to the site

100kg of Lego?

I hope that you haven't overreached yourself. That is an extremely big lot. I was already cussing when I had to clean and sort 20kg. Good luck!

I agree! I have started to carefully sort my +20 kgs of Lego during the summer break, as of today I think less than 70% has been uploaded to BL inventory. The process is definitely time consuming. 100 kgs will take you months my friend :)

Hint: almost all the pieces have the item code somewhere on the back but they are very small printed. Get yourself a magnifying lens, will be handy.