Misc non-Lego toy news

Pseudoty

I thought this was a joke at first "leads to drug abuse". But if you live in NYC and if their going to Ban it better stock up.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/queens/kidffiti-queens-pol-toy-stop-selling-mock-graffiti-stencil-toy-article-1.1916521

I remember as a child myself having the big bucket of chalk bought from Walmart that was meant for drawing on the sidewalk. I don't know if they still have those or something similar. They might be available in the arts & crafts section rather than the kids area I guess. Anyway, they did not turn me into a graffiti or sidewalk artist or whatever the term used today is. However I can see a lot of problems being caused by putting the stuff into a spray can one of which is huffing. I'm sure you think that sounds dumb but look at all the nutballs who like taking a spray can filled with paint, empty it out into a brown paper bag, then put that up to their mouth, inhale, all in the hopes of gaining some allusive high that boggles my mind just thinking about it.

I would have to agree having what is basically a graffiti pack for children is not a good thing especially in a city covered by it. True this "Kidffiti" just washes off with water, in this case I imagine the work is just getting left for the rain, which is a little better than regular graffiti that is more permanent and takes chemicals to get rid of. Still, I see potential for trouble down the road from kids spraying each other to decorating places they should not.

With all that said, I do not quite see how Kidffiti would be a 'gateway toy' to the usage and sale of drugs aside from a child at a young impressionable age being in such areas where graffiti normally takes place.