First flip

Thought I would post

Found the Rockefeller Center 21007 as they were putting out stock at a thrift store for $3. Box and instructions included.

Just sold for $31 on eBay

I am happy, can justify my new hobby easier to the wife

Any other first flip success stories?

My first flip was DC this past Christmas. Buy at $56 sell at $128. U always remember your first
  • Like 1

The first thing I flipped were a couple of Harry Potter Hogwarts Castle 4842  that I bough exactly one year and four days ago , August 29th 2013 the day my third child was born.

I went to a local toy store to pick up some toys that my newborn "had brought" o his two older siblings as presents.... and  found two of those HP SETS in the back of the top shelve where they had the legos, I checked the price and they rang at 2100 Pesos (around 160 USD) my instinct made check ebay and I saw they were selling for around 280 USD and picked them up and flipped both in less than two weeks..... and that is how all this hobby/addiction started......

My first flip was from a treehouse into an above ground swimming pool when I was very young. Well, at least I made it into the pool. I didn't flip much after that....unless you want to count 'the bird'.

On a more related note, I remember back when I did the whole auction thing years ago that I had purchased a box lot of odd glassware some of which were really old 'carnival glass' for dirt cheap. I ended up selling everything separately to individuals for more than I paid. Heck, just one of the pieces turned out to be so rare that it paid for the whole lot by itself. I did keep one of the items because it was this nice deep aqua greenish hue plus it looks nice in the bathroom.

• Like 1

I don't think it was my first flip, but one of my most notable ones was when I pre-sold 8 Star Wars Celebration III Talking Darth Vader figures for $65 each. My friends and I were able to score some and they were $15 each from the convention store.  Some of my friends stood in line for 8 hours.  My friends flipped theirs at the convention and bought FX lightsabers when they first hit the market.

They only go for $10 - $15 on EBay now.

I have flipped a bunch but have no idea what was first. :dontknow: I can remember my last flip, RI for 99.95 plus shipping :rofl:

I think that was my first flip as well. Those UniKitties sold really well. I kept all the sets, just sold off the minifigs. I think my daughter has one set if figs, but 4 or 5 sets of bricks. She's made some pretty sweet CCPs from all one bricks.

I still remember the aisle where I found an Ultra Sonic raider ($54) and Epic Dragon Battle ($64) last summer. I was hooked. Luckily for my first try at parting out, these sets were still relatively popular at that time because the prices I paid weren't the greatest. I bought a bunch of Helicarriers ($35) around the same time I would end up parting out at Christmas.