NCAA College Football (incl poll)

National Championship 2014/2015 Winner  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who's going to win the 2014-2015 National Championship

ravenb99, 
Due to my Avatar, I didn't want to insinuate FSU should be #1.
I think is because of Winston's shenanigans.
People and voters need to understand that its very difficult for any sports program to go undefeated with a bullseye on your back. 
This task is very difficult to achieve. 
In an argument for winning in the last qtr or winning by a few points and not dominating the whole game, How many Basketball Championships are won with only one point or the final shot?  
Just like you said: " A win is a Win "
How come Bama lost to Miss & almost lost to Arkansas.  
Oregon lost to Arizona ( I dont even want to get into it with Oregon, I think they are overrated ) I think Georiga, Clemson or Auburn can beat Oregon.
Ohio State lost to Virgina Tech. and has a weak schedule.
Lets see what Happens, all 4 teams are good. They have their strength and weaknesses, its really a coaching game now.  
Preparation will win the Trophy.

ravenb99, 

People and voters need to understand that its very difficult for any sports program to go undefeated with a bullseye on your back. 

In an argument for winning in the last qtr or winning by a few points and not dominating the whole game, How many Basketball Championships are won with only one point or the final shot?  

Oregon lost to Arizona ( I dont even want to get into it with Oregon, I think they are overrated ) I think Georiga, Clemson or Auburn can beat Oregon.

Lets see what Happens, all 4 teams are good. They have their strength and weaknesses, its really a coaching game now.  

Holy crap the southeast bias is strong with this one.  Georgia?  Clemson?  Those teams are frigging terrible.  The whole SEC East and ACC were terrible this year, so was the BIG.  Auburn is the only one of the 3 that would hang with Oregon.  The sweet tea has gone to your head. 

Big 12 got hosed, but it was their own doing.  I don't argue with OSU getting in ahead of them, but it didn't feel right for them to jump in after TCU curbstomped ISU the last week and Baylor beat up on KSU.  Those aren't saying much, though.  OSU beating Wisconsin with their 3rd string QB(at the start of the season before Braxton Miller got hurt) was amazing.  Wisconsin's D is for real, ask LSU.  Only reason LSU won that game was Wisky's offense is terrible unless your coach is Bo Pelini which fortunately we got rid of. 

Bottom line, I think the field should be 6-8 teams.  Auto qualifiers for winning your power 5 conference.  I have had heated arguments with folks about this  and there are pros/cons to each side, but at the end of the day I think it works best.  Use the big 4 bowls as quarterfinals and go from there the next 2 weeks. 

Holy crap the southeast bias is strong with this one.  Georgia?  Clemson?  Those teams are frigging terrible.  The whole SEC East and ACC were terrible this year, so was the BIG.  Auburn is the only one of the 3 that would hang with Oregon.  The sweet tea has gone to your head. 

Big 12 got hosed, but it was their own doing.  I don't argue with OSU getting in ahead of them, but it didn't feel right for them to jump in after TCU curbstomped ISU the last week and Baylor beat up on KSU.  Those aren't saying much, though.  OSU beating Wisconsin with their 3rd string QB(at the start of the season before Braxton Miller got hurt) was amazing.  Wisconsin's D is for real, ask LSU.  Only reason LSU won that game was Wisky's offense is terrible unless your coach is Bo Pelini which fortunately we got rid of. 

Bottom line, I think the field should be 6-8 teams.  Auto qualifiers for winning your power 5 conference.  I have had heated arguments with folks about this  and there are pros/cons to each side, but at the end of the day I think it works best.  Use the big 4 bowls as quarterfinals and go from there the next 2 weeks. 

I agree with most of this.  If you want to gauge the SEC East's strength, look at Mizzou.  They couldn't win in the Big 12, so they left and are now "good".  I'm not going to lie, I'm a Big 12 fan and I'm not going to whine about the TCU/Baylor thing, but I do believe had it been OU or Texas in the same position, OSU would not have bumped them.

I'm glad there was "controversy" this first year, I thought there should have been eight teams from the start.

• Like 1

ravenb99, 

I really do think this is the most wide open year with no one being to strong.  

No insuation taken, that's just my feeling.  If your undefeated you still should be higher ranked than a 1 loss team.  Everyone thinks there conference is better or worse.  I don't buy that argument.  They all play a few cupcakes.  They all play a few ranked teams at one point or another in the season. They'll always be debate about that.  Just win your games and you usually come out on top.  When you lose 1 you start needing to many situations to come about to get in.  

Every team has a close call or 2 against subpar teams especially when in the top 5.  Like you said a big target.  As good as the 2009 Alabama team was it took 2 blocked FG's in the 4th quarter against TN to pull out a measly 12-10 win. 

Southeast bias? You have got to me kidding me? 

The West is Dead.

If you take out Pete Carroll's USC in 2004, You would have to go back 30 years to BYU, then back again to 1972 USC again. (Split Championships don't count)

All others were mostly won by a Southern Teams.

Whether people want to accept it or not, The South is the powerhouse in Football.

I think you lost me when you said "Wisconsin's D is for real".

What ranked team allows 59 points and scores doughnut!  

I think The Dessert Heat has gotten to your head.

Yes, Maybe I was exaggerating with Clemson.  Just want to get my point across.

Edited by Miami Bomb Squad

I agree with most of this. If you want to gauge the SEC East's strength, look at Mizzou. They couldn't win in the Big 12, so they left and are now "good". I'm not going to lie, I'm a Big 12 fan and I'm not going to whine about the TCU/Baylor thing, but I do believe had it been OU or Texas in the same position, OSU would not have bumped them.

I'm glad there was "controversy" this first year, I thought there should have been eight teams from the start.

The SEC East needs to have its pulse checked. It's been horrible for a couple of years.

Not for long though. My Gators are coming back. Coach Mac knows how to win.

OSU QB was third string.

And yes big 12 is their own fault for not even declaring Baylor champ per their bylaws or grabbing 2 more teams like every other conference (BSU, BYU, Cinncy, CSU, UCON all could work) did so they could have a conference champ

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Brickpicker mobile app

It's also about money.  When conference Armageddon was going on I read several fan sites, which can be very unreliable but also show some different perspectives.  None of those teams are going to add "value" to the conference in terms of marketability or more TV dollars.  There really is no incentive in bringing in some weak teams, beating up on them, and then sharing the money with them.  We had a conference championship for a long time and there wasn't the whining that there is now about the other conferences not having one, which I believe is a NCAA rule, not a conference one.

Southeast bias? You have got to me kidding me? 

The West is Dead.

If you take out Pete Carroll's USC in 2004, You would have to go back 30 years to BYU, then back again to 1972 USC again. (Split Championships don't count)

All others were mostly won by a Southern Teams.

Whether people want to accept it or not, The South is the powerhouse in Football.

I think you lost me when you said "Wisconsin's D is for real".

What ranked team allows 59 points and scores doughnut!  

I think The Dessert Heat has gotten to your head.

Yes, Maybe I was exaggerating with Clemson.  Just want to get my point across.

That doesn't mean a damn thing, I'm talking about Oregon 2014, not any other year.  I'm not a PAC-12 apologist, I live in Nebraska and follow our football team, not the PAC.  I never once said that the SEC is not the best in football, but to throw out some crap Georgia and Clemson team and say they would beat Oregon is downright absurd.

Wisconsin was the #4 overall D in the nation going into that game, yes, they have a very good defense, no matter what conference they play in.  It's one game, are you going to say that Alabama's D is terrible because they gave up about half a hundred to Auburn?  Doubt it.

Wisconsin D was #4 because they played High School teams ie..Bowling Green, Rutgers, Western Ill, South Fla, Maryland.

Sounds eerily similar to the entire SEC's nonconference.  Also, the SEC East may be the one of the worst divisions in football.  For God's sake, Indiana beat up on the team who represented them in Missouri.  We can go back and forth all day, but in the end, the SEC is the best because they have the best in their backyard and are more than willing to bend rules.  They also have some of the best coaching down there and climate to allow year round practice and training wherever they like.  If you dispute that, you are not paying attention or are dilusional. 

Also, Nebraska won 3 titles in that time, my thermometer says we are not south.   

I call Oregon winning this year, most everyone is healthy

I'm with you on this call, Oregon are the real deal and think we are about to see a two game masterclass. Poll on ESPN is interesting:

http://espn.go.com/espn/fp/flashPollResultsState?sportIndex=ncf&pollId=4618678

West voting Oregon, East Bama, Texas divided and Ohio voting... Yeah you guessed.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Betting wise I am taking OSU and the under. OSU can win outright but they have to grind just like Tressel did in the 2003 game vs. Miami. Only way to counter the OU offense is to keep them off the field.

taking OSU - check

the under - check

OSU can win outright - check

have to grind - check

Been a good day ;)