NCAA College Football (incl poll)

National Championship 2014/2015 Winner  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who's going to win the 2014-2015 National Championship

• 1 month later...

Heading to the Dome to watch the game.  ROLL TIDE!!!

Gonna be a long day.  Had already purchased Weezer tickets for the Christmas Show and forgot about the championship being the same day so I'm doing both!

LEGO shopping, SEC Championship, and Weezer all in one day.  Couldn't ask for a better day LOL

• Like 2

Heading to the Dome to watch the game. ROLL TIDE!!!

Gonna be a long day. Had already purchased Weezer tickets for the Christmas Show and forgot about the championship being the same day so I'm doing both!

LEGO shopping, SEC Championship, and Weezer all in one day. Couldn't ask for a better day LOL

EPIC DAY. If you really want to do it big finish it off at the Claremont Lounge. Say hi to Blondie for me.

• Like 1

Heading to the Dome to watch the game.  ROLL TIDE!!!

Gonna be a long day.  Had already purchased Weezer tickets for the Christmas Show and forgot about the championship being the same day so I'm doing both!

LEGO shopping, SEC Championship, and Weezer all in one day.  Couldn't ask for a better day LOL

Can I be you for a day?  Though, GO MIZZOU!

Mizzou is so awful that they have played in the conference championship 2 out of their 3 years.

Can I be you for a day?  Though, GO MIZZOU!

Mizzou is so awful that they have played in the conference championship 2 out of their 3 years.

was a great day.  Weather sucked earlier but cleared up some just got windy and cold late.

Mizzou played well coming out of the 2nd half.  They said Mauk comes up with big plays when they count and those 2 scrambling bombs got them back in it for awhile.  

Left with 2 min left shortly after the last TD , walked a mile to the car, made it through traffic to get the last parking spot in the garage just in time to get in the line to walk into the concert.

Now I'm tired and done.  Back to brickpicking tomorrow!

GO BUCKS!!

O-****-I-O!!!!

Impressive performance (especially considering they are using their third team QB) in the Big 10 Championship!  They deserve to be in the 4 team playoff!  

that was very impressive.  My UPS driver is a huge Ohio State fan so we go at it all week.  Don't think anyone expected a rout like that on a 3rd team QB

Everyone 1-6 played well and won big.  Was hoping Tech would win and make things interesting.  I think the 4 will stay unchanged though as they all won.  Hard to knock FSU out any further then they already are as they are still undefeated.  

Oregon looks the strongest right now.   Bama's run D is top notch but the secondary gets lit up a few to many times for my liking.  TCU/Baylor can both score like crazy but D is not very good for either.  OSU has played well given there circumstances.  FSU just keeps finding a way to win (although not very pretty at all)

Should be interesting if they change the seeds at all.  

I think Ohio State oust TCU, which is a shame because they've had a great season. The Big Twelve deserve to represent but it's going to be difficult to leave the Buckeyes out after that performance.

Thats the way I'm leaning too. Plus it eliminates the argument of having TCU in over Baylor. I still find it hard to go with TCU when Baylor beat them. Probably one of the best games of the year to watch. TCU was rolling along then fell apart. Not to many 119 point evenly matched games

Aside from the early loss to Virginia Tech (which I think can be forgiven since it was so early in the season with a new quarterback and most teams are still trying to find their  stride), I think OSU makes the top 4. They just ran over the No. 2 defense in the country, shut down the No. 1 running back and beat a respectable ranked team 59 to freakin nothing. On top of that, the team has overcome so much adversity this season losing not one, but two potential heisman quarterbacks, Noah Spence -  a potential all-American, and the tragic death of a teammate just a week ago. The voters may give a few sympathy votes, whether they admit it out loud or not. Even with a third string quarterback, who is no slouch, this team looked like a championship team tonight. So may weapons, so deep in the roster. They have a five star running back who doesn't even play, haha.

Fsu is a 8.5 pts underdog.  (that's money in the bank)
Osu is 9.5 pts underdog. (also money in the bank)

Urban Meyers is a great coach. Used a 2nd String QB and demolished Wisconsin.  (Wisconsin shouldn't be ranked period) 
FSU should be ranked ahead of Oregon,  (imo, Oregon's only true victory was against MSU) 
FSU will most likely fired the Defensive Coordinator and maybe pickup Muschamp. 
They should rearranged the SEC. (the west is stacked)
Ohio State over Baylor/Tcu was also a regional influence.  (FSU, Bama, and Baylor or Tcu)  All southern teams.
Having said that, I think OSU was still the right choice especially after Wisconsin.
Whichever team wins this year will by no ands, ifs or buts be the Champion of College Football, Hands down.

Edited by Miami Bomb Squad
  • Like 2

Fsu is a 8.5 pts underdog.  (that's money in the bank)

Osu is 9.5 pts underdog. (also money in the bank)

Urban Meyers is a great coach. Used a 2nd String QB and demolished Wisconsin.  (Wisconsin shouldn't be ranked period) 

FSU should be ranked ahead of Oregon,  (imo, Oregon's only true victory was against MSU) 

FSU will most likely fired the Defensive Coordinator and maybe pickup Muschamp. 

They should rearranged the SEC. (the west is stacked)

Ohio State over Baylor/Tcu was also a regional influence.  (FSU, Bama, and Baylor or Tcu)  All southern teams.

Having said that, I think OSU was still the right choice especially after Wisconsin.

Whichever team wins this year will by no ands, ifs or buts be the Champion of College Football, Hands down.

Good post.

I'll go one step further and say FSU should be ranked #1 (even as a Bama fan).   The new system has been interesting but disagree that a team with 0 losses should be lower ranked then 3 1 loss teams.   Granted they were not pretty wins by any means they still won them.  Also makes them very dangerous as that much comeback experience is a big plus.  They are definitely not the team of last year but a win is a win.

I think one of the most interesting aspects of the playoff is where in the past you have a month to plan out your opponent and heal up now you have 3 weeks to prepare for 3 teams.  Saban has always done a fine job of planning for the opponent that far out and the results have been favorable.  So for OSU I think we stand a good chance.  Now though you have to have the 2 other teams you might be playing in the picture as well. You have to prep for those 2 teams some over the 3 weeks as preparing for an FSU or Oregon in a week is not your usual for a NC game.  

Should be fun to see how it plays out.  2 really good matchups.