Newbies from Switzerland

Hello everyone,

First of all I'd like to apologize for my poor English as it is not my mother tongue.

I'm not new to the Lego world: as I child (more than thirty years ago) I was lucky enough to have a huge collection. Time passed by and as a teenager I had other interests ;-)

What brought me back to the world of Lego? In 2007 I saw two sets: UCS AT-ST (10174) and AT-AT (10178), two of my favorite vehicles for me as a child.

So I started to buy Lego sets as an adult.

The second question could be: what brought you to brickpicker? The answer is simple: I was googling looking for the next UCS to come and found the site. I started to read the articles and thought to myself: "could be fun to start to invest in Lego sets!".

So last week with my better half we decided to start to invest and we bought our firsts sets ( two Super Star Destroyers, one London Bridge and two Ecto-1).

We already know that our investments will not be on short periods of time and we will to invest mostly in large sets. In fact living in Switzerland everything is more expensive than in other countries and getting items delivered from the US is incredibly expensive as well. Our ROIC will be lower than in the US but still interesting if we invest wisely and enough (there is also the fun factor of having all this unboxed sets at home ;-))

We plan to invest 4k$ to 6k$ this year. Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks for your time reading this short introduction.

Regards,

D&S

I'll try to keep you informed about the returns... but I'm not planning on selling the sets in the immediate future. Right now I'm checking the best ways to ship the sets internationally, as most of the potential buyers are overseas.

Thanks again for your kind welcome messages and all the informations on brickpicker!

• 3 weeks later...