Newbie after some years!

Welcome,

If large realistic sets interest you I would look at the Modular Buildings.  The Pet Shop, Town Hall, Palace Cinema, Parisian Restaurant and if you can get your hands on it the Grand Emporium are all great builds.  Plus they appreciate in value well after they are discontinued.

Given that you can still get retired sets available from 2011-2013, below retail on amazon I would really question the value of investing in architecture sets. There maybe some that will be good performers one day but what is to say these are still available at the same price next year. America, Europe, Asia all have themes that do well in one continent but not necessarily in another, barraclough, you are from the u.k and possibly on the verge of making the biggest rookie mistake.

That is for investment. On feeding your build addiction you could say the opposite, there are architecture sets that have been retired since last year that you can still get under retail, sets like Big Ben (which is actually the name of the bell, given the official title of the Queen Elizabeth Tower in 2012 to commemerate the jubilee) are still easy to find.

"Hi. My name is Barraclough and I have a problem. It's been 2hrs since my last build..."

Haha love this, it's true! Still not bored of this set, constantly have the urge to dismantle it and rebuild, I really do enjoy building it, there's something about taking a few hours out and watching it come together.

I'm on the look out for detailed sets with a lot of pieces, would be good if sets I buy hold some sort of value to help buy more!

• 2 weeks later...