Hello from Texas (Well Virginia Today)

Hi everyone...taking a moment to introduce myself. I've been collecting and playing with LEGO since the late 1970's when I got my first space set for a birthday present. I've periodically bought and sold various kits over the years. I live in Texas, but I travel almost every week. I own a small IT consulting and training company. My background is primarily in IT for financial services, but I do some work in other industries as well. My wife and I pick and sell several other types of items as well. It's kind of a game for us. There's definitely lots of money to be made picking/holding for a bit/and selling. I find that traveling every week puts me in places where I can breeze through numerous stores and find good deals. Funny story...Christmas morning I looked over at my 4 year old opening all of his presents. He's a huge SpongeBob fan. Imagine my shock when I saw him tearing into 3825 Krusty Krab to get to the SpongeBob minifig! My wife has no idea about the value of various LEGO sets. There's a small independent toy store located where my kid takes swim lessons that periodically has old stock. She picked up the 3825 at a discount from retail just because she thought my kid would like it, and wrapped it up before I ever saw it.... Oh well, every set can't be a payoff...we have to have fun with these things too!

That's funny...I didn't even know about the store in Frisco...the one I make it to is at Northpark in Dallas. The LL at Grapevine Mills has a decent store, but it's odd that the Lego VIP doesn't work there (at least it didn't the last time I checked)...so I'd never buy anything there and I've never seen anything discounted. Also, avoid that place on any day that a school can possibly have a field trip....

That's funny...I didn't even know about the store in Frisco

yeah its in the stonebriar centre mall, which is a super nice mall, nicer than the Galleria IMO. I would love to move to Frisco because it is really nice there but I work in Ft Worth and that is too long of a drive. I currently live 50 feet from cowboys stadium and traffic is pretty much a nightmare on a daily basis.