75053 - The Ghost

jnd2k3

7 minutes ago, Casual Bricker said:

Check your Barnes & Nobles. Search on the site and choose "Available for Pick Up In Store."

I just bought two. Does Barnes and Noble mark up 10%: YES. Do you get 10% off with B&N Membership? Also YES.

Not to mention they treat the boxes pretty poorly... with the security bands and all.

I'm hoping it'll work out for me regardless.

Score! They have one, but it's 40 miles away.... ugh!!

The only chance to make money anymore is buy things that aren't on the horde's radar. That's why I stocked up on Ghost/Phantom and kept quiet about it.

41 minutes ago, MarxMarvelous said:

The only chance to make money anymore is buy things that aren't on the horde's radar. That's why I stocked up on Ghost/Phantom and kept quiet about it.

completely agree. 2 important points here. lots of people follow the horde, when its best to avoid. the other part is equally important yet most can't help themselves and that is keeping quiet!!

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, legopocalypse said:

completely agree. 2 important points here. lots of people follow the horde, when its best to avoid. the other part is equally important yet most can't help themselves and that is keeping quiet!!

3 pages for a recently retired set is not bad IMHO.  The other one does not even have its own thread even though it is one of the best sets in recent memory :cool:

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

3 pages for a recently retired set is not bad IMHO.  The other one does not even have its own thread even though it is one of the best sets in recent memory :cool:

It only has 14 posts but it does have a thread...

• Like 4

You know the lego store still will put a limit of 5 for that yellow abomination. 

I'm curious to see how the ghost and phantom will do with season 3 comming out sometime this year.

I'm happy the hord did not get to many of this set.

6 minutes ago, Armor said:

You know the lego store still will put a limit of 5 for that yellow abomination. 

I'm curious to see how the ghost and phantom will do with season 3 comming out sometime this year.

I'm happy the hord did not get to many of this set.

It's not a Pet Shop or a Tumbler or a Death Star. There was a lot of negative talk about how ugly this set was or how unpopular the cornerstone set of Rebels was. if the series continues for Season 4 or 5 I foresee a redesigned Ghost. Rebels without the Ghost is like the OT without the Falcon.

36 minutes ago, thoroakenfelder said:

It's not a Pet Shop or a Tumbler or a Death Star. There was a lot of negative talk about how ugly this set was or how unpopular the cornerstone set of Rebels was. if the series continues for Season 4 or 5 I foresee a redesigned Ghost. Rebels without the Ghost is like the OT without the Falcon.

It's not a good build. I bet the do make another. Just another reason to get rid of all of mine as soon as I am happy with the returns and not hold on for an extra 4 years trying to get that extra 10%.

I can second the barnes and noble option.  They had 4 minty ones when I was there a couple of nights ago.  At $99, even with a 10% discount I'm still looking at north of $90 for each.  Hopefully something will come along, be it a coupon or a markdown, that will lower my buy-in.  If not, I'll move on.

39 minutes ago, Loghamel said:

I can second the barnes and noble option.  They had 4 minty ones when I was there a couple of nights ago.  At $99, even with a 10% discount I'm still looking at north of $90 for each.  Hopefully something will come along, be it a coupon or a markdown, that will lower my buy-in.  If not, I'll move on.

The next B&N coupon that includes LEGO is scheduled for when hell freezes over, slightly after the arrival of the four horsemen of the apocalypse ....

Edited by Phil B
  • Like 2

The last time I could remember getting a deal on Lego from BN was when Groupon first came to the scene and "allowed" several groupons to be purchased and used at BN for essentially 50% off anything, Lego included.  That was several years ago and I wasn't an avid Lego collector as I am now.

8 minutes ago, bigbrod said:

The last time I could remember getting a deal on Lego from BN was when Groupon first came to the scene and "allowed" several groupons to be purchased and used at BN for essentially 50% off anything, Lego included.  That was several years ago and I wasn't an avid Lego collector as I am now.

Black Friday had BOGOHO on a lot of sets, I got some Ant-Man final battles that were not marked above retail. Best I've done at B&N

2 hours ago, Loghamel said:

You could purchase discounted giftcards to B&N off of eBay. $88 for $100 isn't a barn burner bargain, but every little bit helps. There are also threads on how to maximize value through "giftcard inception". 

A local toy store in the nearest city where I live still has two The Ghost boxes on a shelf. Obviously they want to get rid of them because they're not together with the other Lego Star Wars sets any longer, but when I inquired about their price I was given a price of €115 (above the Dutch RRP of €109,99). The demand for The Ghost is really sub-par in The Netherlands, and I passed the chance to buy these last boxes (with shelf wear on them) for that price...

last 2 The Ghost.jpg