75053 - The Ghost

jnd2k3

• 1 month later...

my unit purchased on amazon.com from a reseller in January a bit above RRP had the following missing piece:

white plate 1x8

Packing Code 63R5

unlike others I did enjoy building this with my two daughters and we are looking forward to get another Rebels set with Sabine (possibly with her helmet ;-))

ghost_missing.jpg

11 hours ago, Simon74 said:

my unit purchased on amazon.com from a reseller in January a bit above RRP had the following missing piece:

white plate 1x8

Packing Code 63R5

unlike others I did enjoy building this with my two daughters and we are looking forward to get another Rebels set with Sabine (possibly with her helmet ;-))

I wonder what the seal code is. Contact lego about the missing piece from your new set and they'll send it to you.

seal code is  63R5

since I have to buy some other lost/missing pieces for myself and my brother I won't waste my time calling Lego for this :-)

(unless I intend to place an order online or make a purchase at physical store - or unless you guys are telling me that Lego makes it up for you with in any way)

Edited by Simon74

26 minutes ago, Simon74 said:

seal code is  63R5

since I have to buy some other lost/missing pieces for myself and my brother I won't waste my time calling Lego for this :-)

(unless I intend to place an order online or make a purchase at physical store - or unless you guys are telling me that Lego makes it up for you with in any way)

Are you really sure that the seal code is 63R5? :blink:

Edited by Brian Briggs
  • Like 2

On 3/20/2016 at 11:30 PM, Simon74 said:

seal code is  63R5

Even if you bought from a reseller, LEGO will send you the missing piece. They don't ask for a receipt or proof of purchase when using the Missing Bricks feature of the Bricks & Pieces website. I used it for legit single missing pieces from my Haunted House and Ninjago Fire Temple both of which were acquired not from LEGO. Of course, you'll want to use with caution for something as simple as a 1x8 plate .. who knows how much LEGO tracks people's usage.

https://wwwsecure.us.lego.com/en-us/service/replacementparts?chosenFlow=2

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jaylay said:

Boy, the Ghost and Phantom are killing it in the aftermarket!!! Wish I had stocked up!!

Not here in The Netherlands. I still saw it on the shelve in a large toy store last week, at default RRP price. And on Marktplaats (Dutch Craigslist) it's offered around or slightly below RRP.

28 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Check out how many are listed on Ebay and Bricklink - it´s seemingly not as hoarded as many other sets and probably won´t be remade for a bit so I´d definitely want at least one, even at full rrp.

I think that's true. The hoard seems to have felt the same way as I did about The Ghost, and not bought into it. 

On the other hand, when I don't like a set, the majority of ordinary Lego buyers are also not really into it, is my (anecdotal) experience. So the demand post-EOL may likewise not be high either.

Yes, and yes. I think when the Series 1 Microfighters came out, most experienced investors focused on 75030, but high demand out ran the high supply.  If you want to invest in the latest series of Microfighters, I (and a lot of other folks) think 75127 will be the best seller.  I think Lego is aware of aftermarket performance as well.  With 75053 retired, they could try and anticipate some of the demand, and build ten times more of the Ghost Microfighter than the others in the series.  I'll try and add a few 75127 to my inventory but - as with everything else - buying at the lowest price possible will be the best insurance against a bad investment.

2 hours ago, Manse1001 said:

Based on these figures, are we expecting The Ghost 75127 to head in the similar direction as the MF 75030? Or will it be overly hoarded because everyone is already hoping that will happen...?!

Many believe that once it's mentioned here, it's time to head in another direction.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

Many believe that once it's mentioned here, it's time to head in another direction.

HAHA ! My thinking was that if people on here hadn't have already thought that might happen then they shouldn't class themselves as investors ! :derisive:

Edited by Manse1001
  • Like 1

Check your Barnes & Nobles. Search on the site and choose "Available for Pick Up In Store."

I just bought two. Does Barnes and Noble mark up 10%: YES. Do you get 10% off with B&N Membership? Also YES.

Not to mention they treat the boxes pretty poorly... with the security bands and all.

I'm hoping it'll work out for me regardless.