10225 - UCS: R2-D2

Ed Mack

TBBT retiring imminently.... Do not miss out. Production schedule is set at just three quarters of four sets worldwide. Not one mini figure will include all components. If you are able to find one even with a box you will be holding a golden ticket. I would grab TBBT now, then mortgage the home and buy every Sandcrawler available.

Of course you all do have me agreeing the Sandcrawler is not going and then I look at the brand new Lego Holiday Catalog and what is there but a beautiful picture of the Sandcrawler with R2 D2 and other mini figures and a beautiful clearly sunset picture that is very distinct.

Stop it!  LOL... Sandcrawler only exists on Tatooine, the planet of iconic sunsets, and R2 was always an integral part of the vehicle's importance. 

Waitaminute, this is like going to the circus and telling all the performers to slow down and be more careful. 

Carry on...

Anyone have spare popcorn?

• Like 1

TBBT retiring imminently.... Do not miss out. Production schedule is set at just three quarters of four sets worldwide. Not one mini figure will include all components. If you are able to find one even with a box you will be holding a golden ticket. I would grab TBBT now, then mortgage the home and buy every Sandcrawler available.

Cross care to translate for me?

Are you saying the Tumbler is going soon and the Sandcrawler is as well or are you in jest mode?

Based on the appreciation levels of the last Sandcrawler I am not sure that I would mortgage the home over the Sandcrawler if it did depart early?

Are you saying the Tumbler is going soon and the Sandcrawler is as well or are you in jest mode?

Based on the appreciation levels of the last Sandcrawler I am not sure that I would mortgage the home over the Sandcrawler if it did depart early?

FYI... 10144 Sandcrawler was a huge success for investors and actually brought many AFOLs out of the dark ages. It was well over $350 for MISB sets until refresh was announced.

FYI... 10144 Sandcrawler was successful for investors. Not bad for. $140 MSRP (then exclusive) set that was regularly discounted.

It also brought many AFOLs out of the dark ages. It was well over $350 for MISB sets until refresh was announced.

TBBT = The Big Bang Theory

That should answer everything.

FYI... 10144 Sandcrawler was a huge success for investors and actually brought many AFOLs out of the dark ages. It was well over $350 for MISB sets until refresh was announced.

Thanks jais that predated me so I do not know much on it.

Can i ask what its cost basis was.

I guess I am from a standpoint do we see the current sand crawler if it did go at $300 turning to $600 in a few years?

I just wonder if it would appreciate well.

Grynn nailed it :P

For those with B&M stores... R2 is still quite healthily stocked (at least for now). On Black Friday morning there is an exclusive VIP event that will see the brief return of double-VIP points. If going (you must have an invite- call your store and ask if you may attend; it worked for me), you are allowed yourself and one guest- and each can get r2 x 2, + winter set 2 of 2, + advent calendar with mini-fig coupons for next year. A nice deal.

I will be checking in with the store very frequently to make sure R2 isn't gone before then.

For those with B&M stores... R2 is still quite healthily stocked (at least for now). On Black Friday morning there is an exclusive VIP event that will see the brief return of double-VIP points. If going (you must have an invite- call your store and ask if you may attend; it worked for me), you are allowed yourself and one guest- and each can get r2 x 2, + winter set 2 of 2, + advent calendar with mini-fig coupons for next year. A nice deal.

I will be checking in with the store very frequently to make sure R2 isn't gone before then.

Wait until trek starts calling all stores across country asking to ship ...

• Like 2

Some stores have been limiting exclusives to 1 already.  Don't think R2 will make it to then either, 2 weeks away and once it starts on BP the stores are usually out in a week , 2 max.   While its a healthy stock thats usually only 4 or 5 for a set like this.  Just like Arkham and ToO they will be gone shortly.

Some stores have been limiting exclusives to 1 already.  Don't think R2 will make it to then either, 2 weeks away and once it starts on BP the stores are usually out in a week , 2 max.   While its a healthy stock thats usually only 4 or 5 for a set like this.  Just like Arkham and ToO they will be gone shortly.

healthy stock is usually over 10. i have seen at least 10 in various lego store with regard to most exclusives. (with the exception of DS)

how do i know? :) because i bought 5 went out and then come back and bought another 5 :)

healthy stock is usually over 10. i have seen at least 10 in various lego store with regard to most exclusives. (with the exception of DS)

how do i know? :) because i bought 5 went out and then come back and bought another 5 :)

not around here, they sell to quick.  Lots of BP followers too.   You get 5 and you're lucky here. 

That is a dangerous game to play. Amazon is pretty unforgiving to people who screw around and try to evade its policies. Personally, getting a few extra copies of a set isn't worth the risk of getting banned for life from Amazon.

True. My wife's R2 order was cancelled today. Needless to say, I didn't try it again.

Some stores have been limiting exclusives to 1 already. Don't think R2 will make it to then either, 2 weeks away and once it starts on BP the stores are usually out in a week , 2 max. While its a healthy stock thats usually only 4 or 5 for a set like this. Just like Arkham and ToO they will be gone shortly.

No limit at my store today. :)

i actually planned on doing this. Was really hoping the horde doesn't wipe this set out before then,

i actually planned on doing this. Was really hoping the horde doesn't wipe this set out before then,

lol, I was hoping to pick up a few more exclusives around BF but at this rate there won't be any left at all. Not even DS. It is basically the only one left to have a rumor started and it's only a matter of time before someone thinks up an elaborate plan to make the horde go after it.