Favorite Podcasts

Alpinemaps

I was listening to one of my favorite podcasts this morning, and the subject of Lego came up.  And that got me thinking - what podcasts does everyone listen to?  What are your "can't miss" podcasts?

In no particular order, here are mine:

• Doctor Who: Radio Free Skaro - Doctor Who-related podcast.  One of the hosts is a big AFOL.  I often wonder if he's on here.
  • Comic Geek Speak - general comic book talk
  • DC Radio - DC Comics specific podcast, discussing the new comics coming out each week
  • Nerdist - lots of great interviews with celebrities
  • Tales from the Jungle Cruise - Disneyland Jungle Cruise Skippers talking to other Skippers about adventures on the Jungle Cruise
  • Talkin' Toons with Rob Paulson - voice actor podcast

I used to listen to talk radio, but it other got me too upset, or I'd have to listen to ten minutes of commercials.

Isn't that the truth. How about different DJ's playing the same tune a hundred times over? :pinch: Here's a good one, "Why can't we be friends? Why can't we be friends? Why can't we be.." AUGH!!!! :frantics:

Yeah, I like the occasional audiobook. I've listened to all the Song of Ice and Fire (Game of Thrones) novels twice that way. Great way to refresh the memory instead of re-reading them.

Podcasts...

The Anfield Wrap (Liverpool FC football chat, best football pod out there).

I like Bill Burr's (comedian) Monday morning podcast occasionally too, that guy cracks me up. :D

Since opening an audible account, I've listened to about 110 books on my iPods and iPhones over the years. I assume the long drive to work helps to get through so many books since 2004. I'm currently on book 4 of the Ice and Fire (Game of Thrones) series. However, from Aug to Dec, I'm seriously into fantasy football mode. I play for cash. When not listening to football podcasts, I listen to...

post-3743-0-46198300-1407404522_thumb.jp

I was listening to one of my favorite podcasts this morning, and the subject of Lego came up.  And that got me thinking - what podcasts does everyone listen to?  What are your "can't miss" podcasts?

In no particular order, here are mine:

• Doctor Who: Radio Free Skaro - Doctor Who-related podcast.  One of the hosts is a big AFOL.  I often wonder if he's on here.
  • Comic Geek Speak - general comic book talk
  • DC Radio - DC Comics specific podcast, discussing the new comics coming out each week
  • Nerdist - lots of great interviews with celebrities
  • Tales from the Jungle Cruise - Disneyland Jungle Cruise Skippers talking to other Skippers about adventures on the Jungle Cruise
  • Talkin' Toons with Rob Paulson - voice actor podcast

I love podcasts, I am running at approx 20 hours per week. So I no longer listen to the radio.

I have a big eclectic list, some are.

Doctor Who: Quite a few here -

Cultdom Collective, Podshock, DWOWhocast, Flashing Blade, Timevault

The Pratchett Podcast - for reviews of the Terry Pratchett books, I write in to this one.

BBC Radio 5: Quite a few again:

Mark Kermodes Film review (Hello to Jason Issacs), Daily Bacon, Formula One Review, 5 Live Science.

BBC Radio 2:

Simon Mayo; Chris Evans Breakfast show

Friday Night Comedy

Aloamora

Mugglecast

Radio Hauraki Breakfast show

FT Money Show

Upper Memory Block Podcast - about retro PC gaming

And I have refused to upgrade to iTunes 11, cos its rubbish. Tales twice as long to do the same task that was drag and drop on v10.

Also many audio books. Just finished Pyramids by Terry Pratchett this morning.

There's just one that I regularly listen to and that's Diplomacycast, about the strategy boardgame Diplomacy. A good mixture between strategic stuff and the human interaction element which tends to be more humorous.

Apart from that, I watch several youtube channels with reviews/discussion about tv shows I like (mainly Game of Thrones) but those probably don't qualify as podcasts.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met behulp van Brickpicker