BANNED Icon and Discussion...

Here's a question I have been thinking about recently. What is the lowest total purchases cash-wise(since opening of account) someone has been banned for? Has anyone been banned who has spent only a couple grand at the site?

I don't think the specifics were given, but the guy that claimed they matched his Lego ID to his eBay name said he did not buy very much, but he did exceed the limits on some sets.  I don't think they were exclusives, I think he was parting out.  I'll try to find the thread.

I don't think the specifics were given, but the guy that claimed they matched his Lego ID to his eBay name said he did not buy very much, but he did exceed the limits on some sets.  I don't think they were exclusives, I think he was parting out.  I'll try to find the thread.

I think this guy may have the record for least amount purchased and shortest amount of time.

http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/10444-lego-account-blocked-why/

I think this guy may have the record for least amount purchased and shortest amount of time.

http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/10444-lego-account-blocked-why/

This is the thread I was talking about.  Not sure this guy ever got the ban, but it sounds like he spent less to get a warning.

http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/9328-my-lego-ban/

• Like 1

What does the infamous warning email say? Is there a way to correctly respond to it and prevent bannage?

It basically says, "We think you might be a reseller and we don't sell to resellers except through our lame reselling department, don't go being a reseller."

And then some folks find they are already pre-banned by the time they get the warning letter, and some folks find that the warning is truly a warning and if they mend their wicked ways and only buy a single different set every third Sunday, they're fine.

I know some have called/emailed TLG to plead their cases, not sure if that has had any actual effect in slowing down an impending ban (and I don't know of any ban reversals).

• Like 1

I am really wary of opening a new account because new accounts seem to get more scrutiny than old ones.  I am under the problem than my eBay user name and Lego name are the same, but my eBay name is from 2001, and Lego account from 2006.  I don't really want to start over with either.

So now when I am planning on buying a lot from Lego, I suspend my NIB lego listings on eBay.  I also buy less from Lego.  I would rather have access to the few true exclusives like Maersk EEE or Ideas sets than get lots of promos anyway.

I certainly wan't careful last 3x VIP season and I got away without any trouble.  I hope being careful from now on will be good enough.

I am really wary of opening a new account because new accounts seem to get more scrutiny than old ones.  I am under the problem than my eBay user name and Lego name are the same, but my eBay name is from 2001, and Lego account from 2006.  I don't really want to start over with either.

So now when I am planning on buying a lot from Lego, I suspend my NIB lego listings on eBay.  I also buy less from Lego.  I would rather have access to the few true exclusives like Maersk EEE or Ideas sets than get lots of promos anyway.

I certainly wan't careful last 3x VIP season and I got away without any trouble.  I hope being careful from now on will be good enough.

It takes like 2 seconds to change your EBay name and it doesn't have any negative impact as a seller, as far as I know.

It takes like 2 seconds to change your EBay name and it doesn't have any negative impact as a seller, as far as I know.

Thanks for the prompt.  Last time I did it 10 years ago I remember it being a big hassle and reseting my feedback to 0.  Looks like it isn't an issue now. Changed.

Thanks for the prompt.  Last time I did it 10 years ago I remember it being a big hassle and reseting my feedback to 0.  Looks like it isn't an issue now. Changed.

Changing your ebay name is easier than changing your brickpicker username. That is virtually impossible.

I think this icon is pretty cool. I would like to have one too. Makes you look like a martyr. So all the other members will look up to you. haha

Ed, do we get the 72 virgins as well with this icon?

So you are banned? I thought this was a North America issue only?

Just in general, I think keeping different names and passwords for all accounts is the best policy. 

I wonder if they look at B&M purchases as well as online when it comes to the banhammer.  I took a chance with the exo suit and ordered 2 online at midnight, and bought 2 in store both on my VIP card.  I was going to use my wife's card, but figured what's the use since it's the same address and credit account.

I figured I'd get looked at during the Darth Revan promo and Martian Manhunter, since I got multiples of those (lots of MM due to cancelled orders), but so far, no ban.

I did this a few months ago and I had no problems. The only possible negative is that you get a little icon next to your name for 30 days showing that you changed your name. Could be a potential turnoff to some buyers if they think you are changing because you did something bad. That's the only negative scenario I could think of and that's a stretch.

Sent from my iPad using Brickpicker

Sorry...I removed it.  I want to keep it legit so maybe we can see some sort of pattern.

Ed, I'm not qualified for a banned badge, but are there any that I'm eligible for? I guess the "Mr." badge and I'm not exactly a brick brat but I'm not a geez either. You have one for somewhere in between? Thanks so much, sir!