BANNED Icon and Discussion...

Hello...

We decided to create a "Banned" icon for the forums.  It is in reference to being "banned" from LEGO Shop at Home for excessive buying of sets.  After the discussion in the LEGO Account Blocked  thread(marcandre's idea), I thought it was a good idea to see how many people were banned from shopping on LEGO Shop at Home.  By making more people aware of the practice, more members might be able to avoid this unfortunate situation.

I want this thread to be used for the discussion of banned situations/members and also to request a BANNED ICON for your forum "awards."  In no way is this a mark of dishonor, because it can happen to anybody...at anytime.  I am curious to see how widespread this practice is.  I think if we as a community can work together on this topic and figure out what triggers a ban from LEGO, we can rest a little easier and might even make LEGO happy at the same time...

NOTE:  If you want a BANNED icon, just let Jeff, a Mod or myself know in this thread or PM.  Thanks.  Ed

• Like 3

What if you have 16 LEGO S@H accounts to get by the ban?

I don't want the discussion to be about multiple accounts and ways to deceive and manipulate the system.  I want it to be a frank discussion about why your "main" account was blocked.  Going forward, I would like to have a positive effect on this situation and maybe alleviate or prevent future issues.  In reality, LEGO can drop the hammer on all of us in many ways...and not just through S@H, so maybe now is the time to try and be proactive and discuss such issues.  

It would also be appreciated if an actual LEGO representative responded and explained their side of the story...

• Like 1

do you know why you were banned? 

Short answer, purchasing too many sets.

I had averaged 2-3 sets a month until July, and then ordered about 15 total of (Death Star, Grand Emporium, SSD, T1 vans).  1 per order, total amount not over the limit.  I received a warning last week, then decided to press my luck on the Exo suit.  The order was canceled as was my pending SSD order.

Purchases at SAH were only about 8% of my total this year, and I will simply purchase elsewhere.  No big loss really - offset even by the banned badge!

You can hook me up with one - on a secondary account no less. I talked about it here, but no idea what I did to get banned on that account. It was in a friends name, address, his CC, and I had spent about 1000$ over 6 months (He doesn't buy lego so he let me open an account for him to lay low on mine and I gave him a "convenience fee".

Funny enough, I only ever bought stuff off that account for myself - nothing really for resale.

Maybe what did it was 2 purchases in a row during the Darth Raven figure sale?

Short answer, purchasing too many sets.

I had averaged 2-3 sets a month until July, and then ordered about 15 total of (Death Star, Grand Emporium, SSD, T1 vans).  1 per order, total amount not over the limit.  I received a warning last week, then decided to press my luck on the Exo suit.  The order was canceled as was my pending SSD order.

Purchases at SAH were only about 8% of my total this year, and I will simply purchase elsewhere.  No big loss really - offset even by the banned badge!

Two to three sets a month is no big deal.  Even 15 different sets in a month is no big deal.  Maybe ordering single sets to get promos is a trigger.

To me, the ban seems pretty arbitrary & random based on the stories read on here in the past. No definitive pattern on what triggers the initial warning, other than the obvious blatant over-purchasing by some. If the multiple promos were a trigger, I should've had at least a warning months ago. I mainly only purchase from LEGO Shop at Home to get the promos & I've done the 2 purchases in a row that DNIIM mentioned on more than one occasion & not a word from them (knock on wood b/c I do like the promos!). What if I have 2 or 3 kids (only have 1 at the moment), are they supposed to share one Darth Revan? Maybe this thread will help decipher a pattern, but the fact that Lego is spending money (man hours) to track customers down to prevent them from spending money is a head scratcher for me. 

• Like 2

To me, the ban seems pretty arbitrary & random based on the stories read on here in the past. No definitive pattern on what triggers the initial warning, other than the obvious blatant over-purchasing by some. If the multiple promos were a trigger, I should've had at least a warning months ago. I mainly only purchase from S@H to get the promos & I've done the 2 purchases in a row that DNIIM mentioned on more than one occasion & not a word from them (knock on wood b/c I do like the promos!). What if I have 2 or 3 kids (only have 1 at the moment), are they supposed to share one Darth Revan? Maybe this thread will help decipher a pattern, but the fact that Lego is spending money (man hours) to track customers down to prevent them from spending money is a head scratcher for me. 

Yes, I have violated the one promo per household many times.  I never buy more than the limits though and I usually don't buy just one set at a time.  

Yeah I stay within all limits as well. But I honestly believe its New accounts more than anything that are being targeted. Because thats the only explanation for some of the other people who buy hundreds of sets not getting banned.

What is funny - I can still use the VIP cards in stores all day. Access all my VIP points, etc. So really the only downside is I need to drive to the Lego store and hope what I want is there. Which isn't too bad honestly - I like the trips.

Ha great work Ed. Got something to shoot for now.

ROFL - I am right there with you - before we move across the country in a couple years I am giving some serious consideration to pushing my luck on my main LEGO VIP account to see what it'll take to get me banned (and get a nifty badge here in the process!) Once I move, it'll be new bank, new debit cards, new address, and I have a reasonably common name...

• Like 1

I feel that you need to mix a bit of local purchase with your online purchase.

Only buying online seems to be a problem.

Just my own thoughts.

Not everyone lives close to a Lego store. A lot of people have no choice but to buy online.

Sent from my iPad using Brickpicker