Anyone aware of the perfect "Exclusive" storage rack?

waddamon

Menard's is having a sale on 48x24x84 gladiator shelves.  Or 48x24x72.

Deep enough to hold 23" exclusives.  And strong enough not to bow.  The ability to adjust shelf height is nice as well.

http://www.menards.com/main/flyer.html?&flyer_run_id=30144&store_code=3310&locale=en&flyer_type_name=weekly3&hide=catalog,midwestmanufacturing&getGoogleKey=true&flyer=flyer

Are these better, the same or worse than Edsal shelves of the same size?

These are the ones that were just recently on rollback from Walmart.com as well.  I ordered 6 of them which just arrived and are now piled in my living room.  Says easy assembly with a hammer.  Is this true?  I am a bumbling idiot that makes Homer Simpson look like a master carpenter. 

very Edsals are easy to assemble only a decent rubber mallet or smallish hammer is needed.  the hardest part is aligning the top 4 arms to the bottom 4. 

just watch out for your floor as them units can indent most flooring.  some newer units do have 4 rubber-like feet to help avoid floor damage

• Like 1

These are the ones that were just recently on rollback from Walmart.com as well.  I ordered 6 of them which just arrived and are now piled in my living room.  Says easy assembly with a hammer.  Is this true?  I am a bumbling idiot that makes Homer Simpson look like a master carpenter. 

Yep, all you need is a hammer/mallet. You may need another person to hold up the vertical rods while you secure the horizontal ones to speed up the assembly. However, I have assembled 2 on my own with no problem.

• Like 1

Just ordered 8 from walmart site to store 58 each. Thanks Jaisonline.

Cool stuff. Be sure to "throw" a like my way :)

Honestly, you will be very happy with these units. At least my wife was until she realized how much space 5 of them took up in our house ha.

Sent from an iPhone using the Brickpicker app

• Like 1

I have several of these, just be careful sliding the sets in place.  The metal can scuff the box, if you're not paying close attention.

True. Of my 5 units, 3 have the plywood tiers laying flush with the horizontal braces (no chance of scuffing) while the other 2 aren't flush (chance of scuffing).. I think this is because 2 units came from lowes, 1 from amazon, and 2 from Home Depot. All are Edsal but I know retailers usually get their own slightly diff version of the same models (e.g. Weber grills from Lowes vs HD)