Anyone aware of the perfect "Exclusive" storage rack?

waddamon

I am planning on a reorganization of my storage room.  I was wondering if anyone is aware of the storage rack that will hold exclusives on all of the racks, say 3 or 4 levels high?  The plastic racks I have are good, but they are more suited for non exclusives.  I am also noticing that these plastic racks are bowing under the weight and I do not want 4 years from now to have misshaped sets.  I have the plastic racks from Home depot, forgot the name, I think is starts with an X.

Menard's is having a sale on 48x24x84 gladiator shelves.  Or 48x24x72.

Deep enough to hold 23" exclusives.  And strong enough not to bow.  The ability to adjust shelf height is nice as well.

http://www.menards.com/main/flyer.html?&flyer_run_id=30144&store_code=3310&locale=en&flyer_type_name=weekly3&hide=catalog,midwestmanufacturing&getGoogleKey=true&flyer=flyer

• Like 1

Deep enough to hold 23" exclusives.  And strong enough not to bow.  The ability to adjust shelf height is nice as well.

http://www.menards.com/main/flyer.html?&flyer_run_id=30144&store_code=3310&locale=en&flyer_type_name=weekly3&hide=catalog,midwestmanufacturing&getGoogleKey=true&flyer=flyer

Thanks, I might make a trip to Menard's this weekend.  I need some of those big racks for my garage.

The edsal  HEavy duty UR2472 looks right.  I cannot seem to find the weight and they are dang expensive but it seems that they would fit the bill.  I spent too much on the HDX, I guess I could sell them on craigs list at a discount.  The family is gone this week and I would like to do this without interruption.  Crap load of work though to move and re-inventory over 1k sets.

The edsal HEavy duty UR2472 looks right. I cannot seem to find the weight and they are dang expensive but it seems that they would fit the bill. I spent too much on the HDX, I guess I could sell them on craigs list at a discount. The family is gone this week and I would like to do this without interruption. Crap load of work though to move and re-inventory over 1k sets.

I have used Edsal UR245L-BLK Maxi-Rack 5-Shelf Unit, 48" Width x 72" Height x 24" Depth. If yours is consturcted the same way, the location of the middle shelf is fixed. This means you can only put 19" tall boxes on the bottom, middle, and top shelves. You have no choice but to set the heights of 2nd and 4th shelves from the bottom to about 12"

I am making a assumption, but the wire shelves will they leave marks on the boxes?  I am assuming a solid flat shelf would be better than the vented wire shelves.

You would probably need to put something flat down or a towel or something.  I think with the weight of the boxes the rack could potentially indent the boxes.

I am making a assumption, but the wire shelves will they leave marks on the boxes?  I am assuming a solid flat shelf would be better than the vented wire shelves.

If you are worried about that, you can always line your shelves with flattened boxes that the sets came in. So far, I haven't heard any complaints from people using wire shelving.

I am using the gladiator shelves, they are perfect to create three 6ft long shelves for large exclusives and one shelf for smaller sets (i.e. T1). If you are looking to stock up on SSD, these are the right shelves!

To protect against damage from the wire shelving, use some cheap 1/8' hardboard like this - link

I am really happy with these and you can't go wrong at the current HD price. Just be sure to load up on some 10% off gift cards before buying them online!

Just got back to my desk after buying 10 of these shelves in store.

I will pick them up in a day or two.  Only a couple would have fit in my car anyway.

I am planning on a reorganization of my storage room.  I was wondering if anyone is aware of the storage rack that will hold exclusives on all of the racks, say 3 or 4 levels high?  The plastic racks I have are good, but they are more suited for non exclusives.  I am also noticing that these plastic racks are bowing under the weight and I do not want 4 years from now to have misshaped sets.  I have the plastic racks from Home depot, forgot the name, I think is starts with an X.

with regards to bigger boxed lego sets, i suggest avoiding metal or plastic wire racks as Lego boxes will get ultimately get dinged or indentions from the wires.  for those who like wire racks, that's cool.  this is only my suggestion.  no disrespect meant to anyone.  

be sure to get any shelving unit w/ 24" depth.

go with something like this. these can be found on-sale for less than $65 throughout the year at Amazon, Walmart, Lowes, and Home Depot

http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/6963-great-deal-for-lego-set-storage-quality-shelving-unit-lowes-49-black-friday-special/#entry303597

with regards to bigger boxed lego sets, i suggest avoiding metal or plastic wire racks as Lego boxes will get ultimately get dinged or indentions from the wires.  for those who like wire racks, that's cool.  this is only my suggestion.  no disrespect meant to anyone.  

be sure to get any shelving unit w/ 24" depth.

go with something like this. these can be found on-sale for less than $65 throughout the year at Amazon, Walmart, Lowes, and Home Depot

http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/6963-great-deal-for-lego-set-storage-quality-shelving-unit-lowes-49-black-friday-special/#entry303597

Those are what I have they "bow" under the weight and the big exclusives only fit the top.  I removed a shelf but that is not a great way to do it.  They are easu, light and cheap though.

Those are what I have they "bow" under the weight and the big exclusives only fit the top.  I removed a shelf but that is not a great way to do it.  They are easu, light and cheap though.

are you sure you they are the same?  the same one in my picture?  these units are heavy and i never had one of mine bow.    the metal framed body supports up to 800 pounds.  the plywood used is also very sturdy. the height of each shelf adjusts except the 3rd and top tiers. 

each unit can hold up to 18 10227s (bookshelf style , sliding in vertically ) and that box is huge.  there is still plenty of room for smaller boxes or very large boxes of placed horizontally.

the units are usually priced around $80-$90

I went to the link and they were the XHD.  Mine are plastic though like in the link.  Which are you referring to?

There is no amount of LEGO that would be able to bow the one Jaisonline is talking about. I picked up 2 during the holidays last year for $50 a piece at lowes. They work really well. Here's the link he provides in the thread.

Edsal 72in x 48in x 24in

• Like 1

There is no amount of LEGO that would be able to bow the one Jaisonline is talking about. I picked up 2 during the holidays last year for $50 a piece at lowes. They work really well. Here's the link he provides in the thread.

Edsal 72in x 48in x 24in

yeah, these specific shelving units are built like Town Cars and Cadillacs from the 1970s.  my auto mechanic friend is the one who told me about them. 

These are the ones that were just recently on rollback from Walmart.com as well.  I ordered 6 of them which just arrived and are now piled in my living room.  Says easy assembly with a hammer.  Is this true?  I am a bumbling idiot that makes Homer Simpson look like a master carpenter.