Will eBay bring back free Buy-it-Now listings?

spener90

Guest TabbyBoy

I've not sold a single set on eBay for months. Word of mouth via local schools and Gumtree for cash deals is working well for me. I hope to tell ebay soon to shove my 2010 positive feedbacks at 100% up their arses. The latest I've heard is that they may be charging a small "maintenance fee" for dormant accounts as if FVF on postage wasn't already the rip-off of the millennium. Back to the subject.... Of course not! eBay are now take, take, take.

I have found high starting bid to not be nearly as effective as BIN.  I have several times started an auction with a high starting bid, get low views, low watchers and no bids, then list the exact item with BIN price exactly the same and the thing blows up with watchers and sells. For hight ticket items I eat the 30cents, and for mini figures I list with a  lower starting bid so my BIN can be just a tiny higher than I would have had, and guess what it sells as BIN almost every time, even though the person could potentially have won the auction at a lower price.  BIN sells stuff high starting auction is a waste of time.  Just my opinion of course.  And I know many of you disagree with me on ebay selling because I am also a firm believer in buyer pays actual shipping.  Saves buyers money and saves me money through bigger shipping discount and smaller shipping fees tacked on by ebay.

BIN is the only way to go. I only use Auction if I want to rid myself of some items or drum up some quick cash for another deal. Or if things are just going nuts on an item Ill throw a few out there in a gambling mood. But otherwise you gotta use BIN to make money.

I still sell Jabba the Hut for 22$ each and consistently sell them. You can pick one up in auction for 12$ most the time.

• Like 3

It will be interesting to see if they bring back the free BIN in the toy and collectible categories for the Christmas selling season. I have been using the free auctions with a higher starting selling price for items that I don't care about that much. For higher dollar items I am shelling out the .30 for the BIN. I don't have much primo stuff listed right now so it's cheaper to just pay the .30 for the handful of BIN's I am doing right now. For Christmas I will be ramping up and will probably pay for the store unless they give us the free BIN's just for Christmas.

They will not and next year don't be surprised if you have to qualify to list in Toys and Collectibles Nov-Jan.

I would not be surprised if offering returns up to Jan 31st is a REQUIREMENT to sell any toys and collectibles during November-December 2015. (of course sellers of fake things from China can still do whatever they want)

Thing is....unless I am missing something, relisting isn't free. I only get the relist option on auctions not BINs. So it is essentially .30 cents for thirty days.

So it starts hurting on things that don't move quickly and are under 10 bucks...

If you haven't sold it in 30 days then it is probably priced too high (even for under $10). You can always post on BrickLink instead (:

Ex Astris, Scientia.

Thing is....unless I am missing something, relisting isn't free. I only get the relist option on auctions not BINs. So it is essentially .30 cents for thirty days.

So it starts hurting on things that don't move quickly and are under 10 bucks...

Which is the whole point. Price things at market value or pay.

As far as selling inexpensive items, jeez. Every year it becomes less and less feasible to sell inexpensive items. fixed .30 plus the fixed .30 you pay paypal is a killer.

Which is the whole point. Price things at market value or pay.

As far as selling inexpensive items, jeez. Every year it becomes less and less feasible to sell inexpensive items. fixed .30 plus the fixed .30 you pay paypal is a killer.

I do price at going market rate....on some things there are just so many listings out there that it takes awhile. And I don't know about everyone else but if something sells within a week of listing I feel I priced too low....