Will eBay bring back free Buy-it-Now listings?

spener90

With the change in eBay's policy a few months ago, free buy it now listings disappeared for Lego.  Does anyone think they will change there policy again anytime soon?  Being that it is already a slow season, I barely list anything anymore, and definitely don't list anything under a buy it now option, for simple fear that it won't sell.  I know it is only 30 cents, but it cuts at margins if you want to list a bunch of items, and aren't sure if they will sell or not.

Has anyone received any promotions including free buy it now listings that included toys? Mine all seem to be auction only now.

Guest brickcrazyhouse

I'm out too, no free listing no selling.  It's hard enough with the fakes

edit: one dead  bottom-feeder  

Ebay changes it's policy every few months so who knows. That being said I am glad they did this(Even though it is costing me more money.) There were simply way to many people clogging up the system with junk/unrealistic prices that didn't have to put any money into the system unless they sold something. Next step is probably to only allow the free listings to be .99 cent auctions in certain categories.

I switched all of my listings to auction style with the opening bid price being my old buy it now price. I have been selling a decent amount the past few weeks, but nothing extraordinary. The thing that is a pain is that now I have to wait to get paid, when with buy it now they had to pay immediately. Once the holiday season gets here ill probably create a store account to get the buy it now listings for the busy season. There is no way I am paying 30cents a listing right now during the slow season, with no guarantee that it will sell.

Side note...I made my first bricklink sale this past weekend. Was paid right away and shipped it out this morning. The best part? Wait for it.......only 3% fees! and only on the sale amount (not on sale + shipping charge). I could get used to that! All I sell is sets. Check out my store. It's named Everything is Awesome!!

• Like 2

It's really not that big of a deal. Sure, if you're only selling $9.00 mini figs the extra $.30 hurts, but on a $50+ item if it doesn't sell by the time the two free re listings run out then you are priced too high. Just like Terrymc above, I just switched my less expensive items to auctions.

I switched all of my listings to auction style with the opening bid price being my old buy it now price. I have been selling a decent amount the past few weeks, but nothing extraordinary. The thing that is a pain is that now I have to wait to get paid, when with buy it now they had to pay immediately. Once the holiday season gets here ill probably create a store account to get the buy it now listings for the busy season. There is no way I am paying 30cents a listing right now during the slow season, with no guarantee that it will sell.

Side note...I made my first bricklink sale this past weekend. Was paid right away and shipped it out this morning. The best part? Wait for it.......only 3% fees! and only on the sale amount (not on sale + shipping charge). I could get used to that! All I sell is sets. Check out my store. It's named Everything is Awesome!!

Looked you up on bricklink....there are two stores with the same name and they are both empty

LOVE the store name.

I'm loving Bricklink, too. We're growing steadily, and the nicest part is that when we hit a lull in sales, I know it's only because we don't happen to have the right parts at the right price for the buyers shopping that day.

Unlike on eBay, where I have to wonder if a lull in sales means Cassini has disappeared my listings again (all my fault, of course, because I didn't remember to dance counter-clockwise while entering my item specifics during the solstice attended by South American virgins spitting owl's blood at the moon.)

• Like 1

Unlike on eBay, where I have to wonder if a lull in sales means Cassini has disappeared my listings again (all my fault, of course, because I didn't remember to dance counter-clockwise while entering my item specifics during the solstice attended by South American virgins spitting owl's blood at the moon.)

I know you are getting out of eBay, but PLEASEEE do not share with the world our super secret ways for listing on eBay.

• Like 3

I know you are getting out of eBay, but PLEASEEE do not share with the world our super secret ways for listing on eBay.

Nah, I'm not leaving eBay. In spite of my recent kvetching (mostly caused by Bricklink being so much nicer to sell on in spite of the fact it still has its original olive green and orange shag carpeting) I remain happy overall as a seller on eBay.

My inventory levels there will get smaller while Bricklink gets larger, but barring unforseen horrifying changes in upcoming updates (fall update should be out in the next few weeks, but generally they don't do anything TOO terrible to sellers in the fall - they want our listings for Christmas) I'll be there until they pry my computer mouse from my cold, dead hands.

If you list anywhere near 50~ items a month, you need to get an Ebay store. Totally worth it.

That's right about where I am at currently, but as my inventory continues to age, it will start to increase dramatically. What are a few of the advantages of having a store vs not having one? Are the BIN listings unlimited, and how much is the monthly store fee?

That's right about where I am at currently, but as my inventory continues to age, it will start to increase dramatically. What are a few of the advantages of having a store vs not having one? Are the BIN listings unlimited, and how much is the monthly store fee?

BIN is free for first 150 on basic store. Past that its 20 cents each. Then you get some very nice reporting tools and listing stuff and you get markdown manager where you can make and have sales on products. 

Also you get 1% less in fees - its like 9% instead of 10% Final Value Fees.

If you sign up for a year, its 19.99 a month which is pretty sweet. 

Depending on your gross sales per month, if you do 1000$ or so a month, even with low listing numbers, thats 10$ you save right there in the 1% fee drop.

• Like 2

BIN is free for first 150 on basic store. Past that its 20 cents each. Then you get some very nice reporting tools and listing stuff and you get markdown manager where you can make and have sales on products. 

Also you get 1% less in fees - its like 9% instead of 10% Final Value Fees.

If you sign up for a year, its 19.99 a month which is pretty sweet. 

Depending on your gross sales per month, if you do 1000$ or so a month, even with low listing numbers, thats 10$ you save right there in the 1% fee drop.

Thanks for sharing. That sounds pretty decent. I'll wait until mid-October and sign up then for a year to see how it goes.