Will the real Chase McCain please stand up.

TheOrcKing

For anyone that wondered whether the "Chase McCain" minifigure in this year's CITY "High Speed Chase" set (60007) was the same as the one in the exclusive pre-order polybag (5000281) available for a very short time at Target, rest assured, they are not.

I just picked up the box set at Target and already had the exclusive pre-order from before, and have examined the two minifigures thusly. The only similarity they have is the head (or face printing) and hairpiece. Besides that, little else. The torsos and legs are completely different. "Chase" in the box set has the same torso and legs as the rest of the cops in the 2013 CITY sets, while the pre-order "Chase" truly has his own unique printing on his torso and legs.

So now the question is,

"Will the Chase McCain in the boxset hinder the value of the exclusive pre-order Chase McCain?"

Interesting... I wonder if anyone will care down the line

True collectors will, but everyone else may not. I know there will be eBay sellers that will take the "Chase" from the boxset and list him as the "exclusive pre-order Chase McCain". It's happened before, it'll happen again.

With "The Council of Elrond" in the second wave of LORD OF THE RINGS coming up, I wonder if there will be an "Elrond" minifigure in that set and how much different or similiar it will be to the "pre-order Elrond"?

• 4 weeks later...

Here is an article from computerandvideogames.com about a limited edition release of the LEGO City Undercover video game for the Wii U.

The only reason I am making note of this here is because the limited edition will include a "Chase McCain" minifigure. No actual image or confirmation if it will be the same from the Target pre-order exclusive or the same one in the "High Speed Chase" set, but if it turns out to be the pre-order version, this could lower the value of that one significantly.

Although, it does seem to be only in Europe that the limited edition will be released for, not in the US.

The US will still get the game, just the 'normal' edition.

Release dates are:

USA - March 18

Europe - March 28