Experian data leak

tonysbricks

I just had one of my cards compromised from this breach. I was actually sent a replacement card as a precaution from my bank. The old card ends up getting used a month later. The latest try was in South Korea at a convenience store on Sunday. After that recent try the bank closed that account and issued a new card under a new account number.

Another compromise on this same account which made me proactively deactivate the old card (as it hadn't been done yet) was related to some book deal scam. I can post info on it later but I get a letter in the mail regarding some invitation to a monthly book club of some sorts and that my card will be auto charged. They listed the last 4 digits of one of my credit cards. I've never done business with this company. Just sucks that people willingly cheat others.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm convinced that all of our personal data has been stolen now with all these security breaches.  It's just a numbers game on whether your information gets used or not.

Exactly, there are 7 billion of us. There is only so much fraud you can do in a lifetime