Help with new Smart TV

stackables

I just got a samsung smart tv for my room.  I think I have everything setup correctly but I am not getting any channels to work.  I have comcast and one of those digital receivers they sell you to get their signal.  This particular tv is not connected to the main big cable box. 

Here is my setup:
I have the coaxial cable from the wall plugged into the digital adapter then I have another cord from the digital adapter to the tv coaxial input.  

When I scan the channels I only get one. Using the remote to change channels, I just get static.  The channel that works is set to channel 3 but it isn't really channel three.   Do I have to setup the remote a special way?  What am I doing wrong?  Do I have to run the adapter through a dvd player or something?

Um, wrong forum/site?  :cheese:

Which remote are you using to change channels? We have a similar setup, and use the Comcast remote to change channels (meaning the Smart TV is basically just taking the signal as an input). If we want to use the Smart TV functions (mine is a Vizio), I have to grab that remote to use those functions.

Also, once you get coax into your digital box, you should be using HDMI from your box to the TV set. That's all that should be required, and then you're just putting your TV input on one of the HDMI inputs and you should be good to go.

• Like 2

Um, wrong forum/site?  :cheese:

Which remote are you using to change channels? We have a similar setup, and use the Comcast remote to change channels (meaning the Smart TV is basically just taking the signal as an input). If we want to use the Smart TV functions (mine is a Vizio), I have to grab that remote to use those functions.

Also, once you get coax into your digital box, you should be using HDMI from your box to the TV set. That's all that should be required, and then you're just putting your TV input on one of the HDMI inputs and you should be good to go.

Hey, I ask all kinds of questions here and I always get help :)

Figured it out.  I forgot I had to reset the comcast remote.  I kept on hitting up/down and nothing would happen.  Held the set button down and now it works.