New here with a question about selling! :)

Hi all, I am new here and have a questions. Is there a place for me to sell my Lego Store credit on here? My son had gotten a lot of Lego sets for Christmas/Birthday/ect over the past year from people and they were not Superhero sets (which is all he cares about!). I returned them to the Lego store and now have a huge credit ($444!) I know I prob wont use up anytime soon. I was hoping to sell it for $400 somewhere, but not sure where is a good place?

Thank you!

Vanessa

Is it in the form of a gift card?  You can probably sell it on a site like raise.com or cardpool.com (they buy gift cards and resell them for a discount) or on ebay.  You can also put up a local ad on craigslist.

People trade here on the site, but there's definitely a trust factor with that, and being a new member it would probably be more difficult for you than the above avenues.

Naf also, if I am paid through paypal wouldnt that protect the buyer though if it were a scam (which its not! lol I'm just a mom to 4 boys)

Yes, I believe so if the payment is sent "for goods and services" and not "as a gift."

I've never had store credit to a Lego store, but if you just have a receipt for the credit then it might be tied to your Lego VIP account (do you have one?)  Some stores will just put the credit on a physical gift card.  I'm sure others here have more experience with Lego store credit and can chime in.

I have a better idea...Take the credit and go buy a Haunted House, Maersk Triple E and any Modular house(You can even use an Arkham Asylum as a replacement for any of the three) and place them in a safe spot.  In 5 years, pull them out and resell them.  You can thank me later...

• Like 2

Welcome to the site, sunkissedfaith.

I have a better idea...Take the credit and go buy a Haunted House, Maersk Triple E and any Modular house(You can even use an Arkham Asylum as a replacement for any of the three) and place them in a safe spot.  In 5 years, pull them out and resell them.  You can thank me later...

4e980c23fde27e6b9e22f2f5bfd5e70613f4038e

• Like 1