New Member From South Carolina

Hello everyone, 

This is the first topic I have started on brick picker even though I have had a user name for a few months now. Let me start out by saying. Hello, my name is Michael I'm 24 years old and I have always been a fan of Lego. As a child they quickly became my favorite toy to play with. In my teenage years I stopped playing with them but still remembered the great times I had when I was younger. About 5 years ago I started buying sets again just for myself to play around with in my free time . In the last couple years I have become a total addict, Well I live in a small house and even though I have a spare bedroom devoted to Lego ( The Lego room as my wife calls it ) They began to very quickly take up more and more space. To make the wife happy I said I would sell some to make room before buying more. This was fine with me since I would get to spend more time putting all the sets together to check there completeness. I started selling them around 4 months ago and I quickly realized there's a good bit of money to be made if your willing to put the time in. I mostly have been selling open sets that I had & buying minifigure Lots on ebay and selling them individually. I now hope to move into buying and selling new sets (along with used sets so I still have a excuse for the wife when she ask why I'm always building lol) Well that's a short introduction of myself I hope to meet and speck with many of you soon. I'm very happy to be here as I'm sure I can learn a lot from the brick picker community.

Welcome. I have limited space as well so my advice would be to think very carefully about what sets you buy for long term investment. If you are buying to flip or sell at Christmas that's one thing but you will have sets for long term investment for at least a year and possibly 2-3 years. It adds up quickly.

Sent from my iPad using Brickpicker